Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Aisin AZ6 Gearbox Oil Change - Looking for a guide

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
sherbertmelon
Noob!

Aisin AZ6 Gearbox Oil Change - Looking for a guide

Postby sherbertmelon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:14 am

Hi guys!

I wanna change my gearbox oil, lots of whining and doesnt always like being put into gear! Infact im almost certain it has next to no oil in there.

Does anyone know of a guide or can anyone help me?

tomo
Altezza Guru

Re: Aisin AZ6 Gearbox Oil Change - Looking for a guide

Postby tomo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Undo the bolt at the bottom in the middle to get it out the fill up til it comes out on the bolt in the middle, both 24mm from memory. You want to do it with the car level too or you won't get the right anount of oil in, best doing it on a ramp or pit or using axle stands on both ends of the car to get it level.

Make sure you undo the right bolts (NOT the Allen key ones) as you will have big problems if it's the wrong ones.

Sorry I haven't got any pictures but if you do a search on here I know some have been posted before.

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: Aisin AZ6 Gearbox Oil Change - Looking for a guide

Postby E910 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:16 pm

You'll need a 24mm ring spanner to get to the filler plug as there's not enough space to get a socket in there

What oil you planning on using? Remember it needs to be GL4 or GL4/5 but not GL5. Redline MT-90 is widely used & recommended around here. Motul Gear300 & Motylgear 75W90 are other good options as is Amsoil MTG. You'll need 2L.

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”