Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Turboing Altezza questions

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Turboing Altezza questions

Postby Trd Shane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Dimis wrote:
Trd Shane wrote:
peter0991 wrote:It all depends on how much boost/power you want to run. From personal experience, your injectors will run out of puff pretty soon. So bigger injectors (540cc) are recommended. Apart from that I ran 0.5bar on stock gasket & fuel pump. What sort of figures are you after?

Clutch and flywheel type depends on how deep your pockets are really :lol: Not sure what the best ones are. But ive been running an Exedy paddle clutch in mine and only recently it started slipping after two years of abuse.

Never used emanage personally, but i know of a few folk that use them with good results. No need to spend more than you have to, imho.

Exhaust with a larger bore would be beneficial.

Water and oil cooling would need to be addressed at some point as well as you will be generating much more heat with the turbo. But it depends on your driving of course.

I'm not looking for any power In particular just want a bit more gain .. I suppose 280 290 be a goal ... I was going to go trd flywheel and exert clutch ... What's yours like for daily driving ???

And would supercharger be safer option as in reliability ...
Does the emanage not have to be remapped every six months as our ecu start to learn and cancel the map out ... Thanks for your reply

Hi you do not need to remap the greddy ecu. just reset the oem ecu. That is what I do and evertything works fine

Happy days ... How often ... And how do you know when you have to reset ??
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 pm

oops. I didn`t realize you were in Ireland.

when it comes to clutches get a well known brand rather than the cheapest you can find. sometimes an expensive clutch kit can work out as a good investment due to the fact they are usually rebuildable and once you have one you wont ever need to upgrade.
the standard clutch will last well enough at 270 hp depending on how you use it.
a lightened flywheel will make a massive difference.

i found that above 0.8 bar it gets a lot hotter under the bonnet than at wastegate pressure (0.5bar).
and on standard internals at standard c.r i wouldn`t go much above 10psi 260-280 hp which is perfectly achievable on the standard pump and injectors with a good map.

Dimis
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Dimis » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:23 am

It is time for the ecu to be reset when I see figures on the halmeter 12.7 and over. Usually after two months. It all depends how you drive and how many miles you do before the ecu starts to learn your setup and starting interfering.
Lexus IS200 Supercharger

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:50 am

My stock injectors shat themselves around 0.6 bar. 98% duty cycle :roll:

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Protok » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:13 am

peter0991 wrote:My stock injectors shat themselves around 0.6 bar. 98% duty cycle :roll:

What turbo are you using?
Cause if it's a TD04 then you must be overfuelling by quite a bit.

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:09 pm

Dimis wrote:It is time for the ecu to be reset when I see figures on the halmeter 12.7 and over. Usually after two months. It all depends how you drive and how many miles you do before the ecu starts to learn your setup and starting interfering.

Halmeter.. What's that air/fuel

And I was gonna do injectors and pump anyway ..

I'll just put the kit on and wait for the clutch to give way before I go getting a new one
Gives me a bit longer to save up for a decent one then
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 am

Protok wrote:
peter0991 wrote:My stock injectors shat themselves around 0.6 bar. 98% duty cycle :roll:

What turbo are you using?
Cause if it's a TD04 then you must be overfuelling by quite a bit.

Must have BEEN overfueling. That problem is no more :lol:

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”