Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Engine wiring

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
dogger
Noob!

Engine wiring

Postby dogger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi, does anyone know the wiring v well on these engines?
im putting a beams in my ae86 and want to know if I can bin almost all of the wiring and basically just run my own wires from each of the sensors/components of the engine to each of the pins on the ecu and it will all just run nicely?
The main ecu wont have a fit if I bin off all the body ecu and the airbags etc and refuse to run will it?

cheers

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Re: Engine wiring

Postby NinjaPower » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:19 am

The engine loom and ecu is fairly independent of the body loom.. So binning the car loom is fine.

Don't know how far you can go with loosing wiring etc from the engine loom, iv never gone mental on an Altezza engine loom, I have chopped 50% of the wiring out the body loom and still ran and worked fine.

Let us know exactly what you want to chop before you chop it, and sure someone will confirm whether you can ditch it or not..

Should be fine to delete all the airbags, abs, etc wiring without issue.

dogger
Noob!

Re: Engine wiring

Postby dogger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks for that, its pretty much all i need to know.
I was hoping in the worst case scenario that if i plugged it all in and it didnt work that i might be able to get something from the obd that might at least say there was a signal from the left hand upper doodah sensor not reading, so at least i'd have somewhere to start.
I'll be leaving the engine side of things alone i think.

There really isnt much information availible online for these engines is there!

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”