Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Manual engine swap and transmission conversion

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
Sperlo
Noob!

Manual engine swap and transmission conversion

Postby Sperlo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:20 am

I have an automation RS200 currently and am feeling like a bit of a change switching to a manual. I've looked into a straight conversion and the general consensus seems to be don't bother because of the difference in MT and AT engines and instead buy an already manual tezza.

However I really don't want to sell mine simply because its in immaculate condition, only done 102Km, leather seats, neo v2 bumper and fog lights/HID headlights, full revamp of sound system and sound dampening of doors/tray etc, genuine trd exhaust, new full set of tyres and nice looking rims plus i bought it at a fairly reasonable price.

So going from there i'm wondering what are peoples opinions on swapping the engine to manual and getting hold of the manual transmission and possibly installing a light weight fly wheel at the same time. Ie. would anyone know a rough price for a low k engine preferable under 110K and also how many K's is the transmission good for. I found a guy offering a grand NZ for a transmission thats done 175K with parts for conversion http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =636639832
Plus a mate of mine can do the engine swap and conversion so greatly reducing install price..
And what would price could i sell an engine and transmission thats done 102Km (Auto :? )

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Manual engine swap and transmission conversion

Postby mike_01 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:10 am

First off if you really want to then up to you but I would suggest getting a manual head and a manual wiring loom with an ecu, instead of swapping the whole engine that is if you can find a head, problem is unless you get an engine you have heard running and had a drive if possible you might run into some problems

Sperlo
Noob!

Postby Sperlo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:42 am

mike_01 wrote:First off if you really want to then up to you but I would suggest getting a manual head and a manual wiring loom with an ecu, instead of swapping the whole engine that is if you can find a head, problem is unless you get an engine you have heard running and had a drive if possible you might run into some problems

Thanks for the reply, good idea didn't think about that. I have a feeling it will be hard to find someone willing to part with just the head though. But what would need to be done to the auto head to bring it to the same standard as the manual head and is it possible to do so?

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:27 pm

New valve's all round off the manual but would need to machine the head to fit them, not too sure but possibly cam shaft but not 100% though

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby rnd_audio » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Ive a manual head there. Think the loom is there two.. ill check . Will swap for 2 front wings and a front bumper if its anygood to you.

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”