Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Sxe10 obd scanner that works!

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Sxe10 obd scanner that works!

Postby possel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 am

Bosanac wrote:Have select EU,JAP, and OTHER and will not work, its say can not connect to VIS or some (dont know whats that) :).

Can you post step by step pics from settings ?

Sounds like the obd program is faulty. Send me your email address in a pm and ill forward you my version. There's a installation video there too just follow that. You will need to remove your version fully and start again from fresh.

Bosanac
Trc On!

Postby Bosanac » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I think have found problem, MVCI Driver software its fault i think, will not right install.

pdiddy2505
Trc On!

Postby pdiddy2505 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:09 pm

I received mine Tuesday, works grand on the plug under the dash in drivers footwell tried the one under the bonnet and it didn't seem to read anything either way i'm very happy with it, I now know why my A/C wasn't working right during the hot weather. Haven't tried it on any other Toyota's yet but have an old celica at home that has a sensor broke that i know about so will be interested to see if it picks it up.

By the way how many of the ECU's can you access mine picks up 30 in total but i can only access 5/6
Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly.

Bosanac
Trc On!

Postby Bosanac » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 pm

@Diddy can you share mvci driver software ?

possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby possel » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:43 pm

pdiddy2505 wrote:I received mine Tuesday, works grand on the plug under the dash in drivers footwell tried the one under the bonnet and it didn't seem to read anything either way i'm very happy with it, I now know why my A/C wasn't working right during the hot weather. Haven't tried it on any other Toyota's yet but have an old celica at home that has a sensor broke that i know about so will be interested to see if it picks it up.

By the way how many of the ECU's can you access mine picks up 30 in total but i can only access 5/6

i haven't tried the 1 under the bonnet just obd sockets so far. im not sure how many it connects to havent gone that far into it just done live data on the engine and fault codes mine was driving me mad! just glad i finally got it sorted as all my local garages couldnt connect to the car (didnt even try toyota as they wanted £110) :shock:

@Bosanac e-mail sent with mvci driver and installation video :)

Bosanac
Trc On!

Postby Bosanac » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Thx Possel, but your dont want to, software its ok but when i install mvci driver he doing but at end say: The installation of mini vci for toyota tis driver, was stopped due to errors .... and above is "the setup wizard driver of mini vci for toyota tis ended prematurely."

I think need x64bit software driver for my Win8 Notebook, found one over Altezza Club Of NZ one but cant download.

possel
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby possel » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Bosanac wrote:Thx Possel, but your dont want to, software its ok but when i install mvci driver he doing but at end say: The installation of mini vci for toyota tis driver, was stopped due to errors .... and above is "the setup wizard driver of mini vci for toyota tis ended prematurely."

I think need x64bit software driver for my Win8 Notebook, found one over Altezza Club Of NZ one but cant download.

That will most certainly be the problem, the link I first posted is for windows xp (not vista, windows 7 or 8 ) You could always contact the person you brought it from, they are usually very helpfull.

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:16 am

Well this works! I ordered one from a seller with UK stock - although then they realised they didn't and had to send it from China, still arrived pretty speedy and once I found an old Windows XP laptop at work it connected up great!

I had a P1346, C1201, B0100, B0102, B0106 and a B1423 - I cleared them to see what would come back and now have:

P1346 - VVT (Variable Valve Timing) Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1) - this is why I got it as it causes the Engine Light on, TRC flashing and I need a new sensor on the intake side.
B0102 - Short in D Squib Circuit (to Ground) - I guess this is cos I have an aftermarket Nardi steering wheel.
B1421 - Solar Sensor Circuit (Passenger Side) (Progr., RX3)) - Any ideas?
B1423 - Open in pressure Sensor Circuit / Abnormal refrigerant Pressure (Progr, RX3) - My aircon needs regassing!

List of codes here btw :D

Good work OP - £18 to read my own codes is a lot cheaper than the £45 I had to pay last time to get them read at a garage!
1999 RS200Z Blue. Kakimoto Exhaust, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, TODA Racing Flywheel, Tein Coilovers, Advans RG Alloys, TRD shortshift, Räzo knob, Nardi Classic Steering Wheel, Recaro seat, Walboro GSS342, Power Enterprise air filter.
Coming soon: Rotrex C30-64 Supercharger, Caldina GT-T Injectors, Power FC

pdiddy2505
Trc On!

Postby pdiddy2505 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:53 am

dezzah wrote:Well this works! I ordered one from a seller with UK stock - although then they realised they didn't and had to send it from China, still arrived pretty speedy and once I found an old Windows XP laptop at work it connected up great!

I had a P1346, C1201, B0100, B0102, B0106 and a B1423 - I cleared them to see what would come back and now have:

P1346 - VVT (Variable Valve Timing) Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1) - this is why I got it as it causes the Engine Light on, TRC flashing and I need a new sensor on the intake side.
B0102 - Short in D Squib Circuit (to Ground) - I guess this is cos I have an aftermarket Nardi steering wheel.
B1421 - Solar Sensor Circuit (Passenger Side) (Progr., RX3)) - Any ideas?
B1423 - Open in pressure Sensor Circuit / Abnormal refrigerant Pressure (Progr, RX3) - My aircon needs regassing!

List of codes here btw :D

Good work OP - £18 to read my own codes is a lot cheaper than the £45 I had to pay last time to get them read at a garage!

i have the last two faults as well had figured my air con needed gas before i read codes and that code just confirmed it
the fault on the solar sensor circuit is to do with the climate control,i have a pdf file explaining how to test it with a multimeter if you want me to email it to you
Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly.

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:43 pm

pdiddy2505 wrote:i have the last two faults as well had figured my air con needed gas before i read codes and that code just confirmed it
the fault on the solar sensor circuit is to do with the climate control,i have a pdf file explaining how to test it with a multimeter if you want me to email it to you

That would be great - cheers :D
Just pm'd you my e-mail addy
1999 RS200Z Blue. Kakimoto Exhaust, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, TODA Racing Flywheel, Tein Coilovers, Advans RG Alloys, TRD shortshift, Räzo knob, Nardi Classic Steering Wheel, Recaro seat, Walboro GSS342, Power Enterprise air filter.
Coming soon: Rotrex C30-64 Supercharger, Caldina GT-T Injectors, Power FC

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”