Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

vibratecnics 3sge engine mounts

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

vibratecnics 3sge engine mounts

Postby ESXTEZZ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Ive been in contact with Vibratecnics for the last few days regarding Altezza 3sge mounts, iv given them the details they need and they will be making up specific mounts for our cars. I will be receiving a set shortly so il post more details.
The Is200 mounts do fit the 3sge engine but the rubber insulator is too hard for the 4 cylinder setup.

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Re: vibratecnics 3sge engine mounts

Postby Lewis Altezza » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Id be interested in set of the vibra mounts for the 3sge I was looking into these myself but didnt want something too "hard" I had poly bush engine mounts on my last car and sent crazy vibrations through the cabin. But yes Id be interested aslong as they are soft to medium and do not send excessive vibrations through the chassis as my Mrs and 1 year old daughter travel in the car...

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 am

Sounds good, Vibratechnics are good, we have the prototype ones for the is200 on a forged turbo is200 project I did a lot of work on. Spoke a few times on the phone, definately knows his stuff when it comes to engine mounts so I'm sure they will be spot on.

sparkystav
Trc Off

Postby sparkystav » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:49 pm

I have a set on mine, awesome mounts. Just waiting to get a gearbox one as well.

I thought they already did a altezza one? Theirs a guy on eBay selling ones he claims fits.

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 pm

sparkystav wrote:I have a set on mine, awesome mounts. Just waiting to get a gearbox one as well.

I thought they already did a altezza one? Theirs a guy on eBay selling ones he claims fits.

The is200 mounts fit but the rubber is a too stiff for a 4 cylinder engine, these are specifically for the 3sge lump.

sparkystav
Trc Off

Postby sparkystav » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

ESXTEZZ wrote:
sparkystav wrote:I have a set on mine, awesome mounts. Just waiting to get a gearbox one as well.

The is200 mounts fit but the rubber is a too stiff for a 4 cylinder engine, these are specifically for the 3sge lump.

But if you look on eBay theres a guy selling some he claims are for an altezza with a different picture to the Lexus ones. Some taller ones.

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:05 pm

The is200 and 3sge mounts are identical to look at but the rubber inserts are not as stiff in the new 3sge mounts.
The taller mounts are for the is300 and you can't use those with an Altezza or is200.

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

Picking up a set of these later today. :D
Turns out Vibra Technics are based in Corby which is the next town over. That and I got a quote from Toyota for new standard engine mounts and they came out at £140 each! :shock:

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Engine and gearbox mounts are definitely on the to do list at some point in the future. They are indeed a more cost effective solution compared to trd or stock mounts.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm currently running these and gear box mount in my car as all my old mounts got sent to them last month whilst my car was at the tuners so they could measure them all

Just drove 160 miles with them, manly motorway driving found cabin noise was a deeper tone, defiantly herd more drone around 4k about 80mph which is what she cruises at so found myself driving a bit slower because of it.

Not really driven around in them yet to see what normal town driving is like, car is defiantly louder as the Mrs commented on it when I pulled up. Car feels a bit more clunkier but I've fitted a new clutch as well which I need to get us to.
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Fri May 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Well fitted them today... Didn't really need them though the old ones were fine! :shock: :lol:

It didn't get rid of the annoying rattle from somewhere underneath still though :(

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”