Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

engine

Post info/questions on engine mods and issues here
tezzaian
Trc On!

engine

Postby tezzaian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi guys,
I have bein drivin my car non stop for the last 3yrs and now all of a sudden its sounds like a subaru no power or pull at all, the only thing i done different is i got petrol for the first time in this new petrol station in mayo, its only bein opened last 12 days so... the only other thing i done different was, the car got this funny thing for no reason at all it wud try to start but sounded like battery was dead even tho it wasnt.but then it wud start so what i done was disconnected for 10 mins to get rid of corrosion around the poles. and after those two things in last two days has left me wher i am, anyone out ther have any ideas or advice.....really really stuck this time...thanks

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: engine

Postby nenaghcorolla » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:27 pm

by the sounds of it your down a coilpack....fairly common thing to happen

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:12 pm

coilpack right, im away till the 1st jan, but wen i get back ill empty tank and put some new petrol in first and see, cheers...

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 am

It could be the coilpacks ya! Just another possible reason! I live with a lad from collage and he told me a while back he never ever gets petrol anywhere except Texeco and topaz! He said his father(cant remember exactly how he phrased it) worked with something to do with petrol and diesel and that his father said after all the s@3! hes seen done to petrol and diesel(watering down etc..) that he wont go anywhere except texeco and topaz because they actually have proper fuel. And we live right beside an Esso and the next station is a texaco but its about 10 mins away and he will never stop at Esso, he goes to Texaco all the time so il take his word for it.Whats the new station you stopped at? 'Maybe' it was really bad fuel and just messed something up! Thats just a maybe thought because my girlfriends dads diesel pajero broke down before for bad diesel!

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Fairplay to ya, am it was a new topaz that just opened, always and ever get petrol at topaz never ne wher else, that's why I went to the new place!! Do you think that has damage done or is it just a matter of emyting tank and fillin it wit new petrol from wher I always fill, I don't think its to bad, hopefully. Thanks very much. Keep in touch

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Do you guys not get Shell or BP over there ? 99 ron or 102

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 pm

No its all 95 oct, do u think cos its running a scooby its bd petrol??

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Hmm so you say it was a topaz you went to! From what my room mate says their very good and so are Texaco but 'maybe' it being a new station maybe they had a bad batch of fuel or something! All i know for a fact is that bad petrol or diesel can defo mess up a car! As i said my girlfriends fathers pajero broke down because of bad diesel and i was talking to her and she said it happened twice actually at the same station and the first time it happened they thought it was just a once off and let it slide but it happened again a few days later and they had to empty the tank and they complained about it. So bad fuel can defo mess with it. But from your first post im defo saying its bad fuel!Seen as its a new station their might be leaky storage tanks at the station or even cross-contamination with other fuels or chemicals before it reaches a gas station..Sorry now for the long comment but you'll need to do this first id say.Is your engine misfiring or stalling when you accelerate?Is it having problems starting now? If your noticing some of them problems id say take a look at your fuel filter! Its a common problem if its clogged up.Its not letting enough fuel through basically. Alot of people over look this and think its something else. So take a look at the fuel filter and replace it if needed and see how shes running.Also stay getting petrol where you normally do. Probably safer! Hope this works

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Ya sounds like a scooby full time, its constantly going bup bu bup and when drivin it ther is no power and when you put the foot down it holds back, feels like 1.3 lancer, never had this prob before, no I'm glad of al long detailed reply cos one word answers are useless as u have no info, I'll do that when I get back away till 1st, its s@3! how u expect good fuel and then this happens. Would this caise a long term prob wit car or will it b like u said one of those and when I change filter and get new petrol it will be done with??
Cheers lad

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Its backfirin aswell no ways smokey at all, as I have took of the batt lead the car is now tryin relearn and the engine is very shakey, and idelin...

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:14 am

Well as everything with cars it could be easily fixed for dirt cheap or nothing at all or it could rack up loads! Bus usually its cheap and easy as cars are able to take a bit of abuse before they give in as ya know yourself so i would defo say it will be cheap and easy if it was the fuel filter. Ya if its idling bad and if its ticking under and making sounds and conking then thats all the signs of a bad or clogged fuel filter. Cause when its clogged or not working right then as you know its not going to be letting enough fuel into your engine on time or enough therefor it will make bad sounds and when you put the foot down there will be jerking and a huge lack of power because theres no where near enough fuel getting into the engine to generate the power that it should be putting out.And as you know Altezzas do put out a fu*k load of power so if its clogged even a bit it will cause a huge problem.Also you could try this first to see if this works.Theres stuff called Diptane and you put it into your tank and if there was too much water in the petrol you got(Which could also easily be the problem) then it will clear out all the water and bad part of the fuel. you can get it in fast fit or most car shops. Try that first and drive her kinda hard to warm everything up and see if it fixes it.If not then take a look at the fuel filter. Im looking forward to seeing if this gets resolved. But any questions or anything just ask and i can give more advice. Il do some research aswell for you and il talk to my mechanic and see what he has to say.We'll get this sorted :)

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:24 am

That's true, could go either way, but hopefully will b cheap...ya that's true, its prob the filter, I'll get a bottle of dat and put it in and see what happens, sounds very promisin that suff. Thanks very much, if you have ne questions bout urs I have mine along ime so if ther is netin u need to now just ask...
Ya we ll sort it man cheers

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Sorry ive gone a bit off topic.
Whenever i ran my altezza on anything less than 98 or 99 ron fuel on the standard ecu it dropped power mid to top end, on a dyno it dropped torque as it picked up knock mid range.

tezzaian
Trc On!

Postby tezzaian » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:18 pm

My tezza has ran on 95 oct since it came into the country in 09, this is the first time this ever happened, unless I was payin for my usual 95 oct, and got watered down petrol that could be less, thanks for your input, I am going trying this other stuff you put into the tank that cleans any water or dirt out that may be in it, if you look at a previous tread the name is given cheers...

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 am

bad plug or coil lad

Return to “Engine & Transmission section”