WordCamp Zaragoza, Spain 2024

It’s not often we’re able to travel the world. But to start off 2024 the right way, our very own Marco Berrocal will be attending the Zaragoza WordCamp in Spain on January 19th and 20th. It’s sure to be an amazing experience for all.

And I have to say, I am somewhat jealous. There is so much history to absorb and so many amazing attractions both at the WordCamp and in Spain, generally speaking.

This year, the WordCamp is held a the Etopia Centro de Arte y Tecnologia (Etopia Center of Art and Technology). It’s located just a short distance from the Ebro River and conveniently located near the Zaragoza-Delicias train station.

What to Expect at WordCamp Zaragoza 2024

Aside from the amazing location, there are a variety of sessions available at the WordCamp this year. Like most other camps, it’s difficult to decide which ones are of top priority.

That’s perhaps the most challenging part of attending these camps. Which talks do you want to attend in person when some of them are at the same time on different tracks?

Well, here are some of the talks that pique my interest most:

• SEO Audit: With WordPress at the Top of GoogleIn this workshop, Eva Garcia Gallego delivers 11 points of a basic SEO audit and how you can make them work for you to improve site searchability.
  • Controlling Google Tag Manager from Start to FinishGoogle Tag Manager can help you discover all kinds of data for your site. Carlos M Diaz Honorado goes over how to use the labeling platform using the CVAE method and how it works.
  • Functional Creativity with JetEngineJetEngine is an elaborate development plugin for WordPress loaded with a slew of options. In this talk, Yannick Garcia Monguilod tells of the features of JetEngine and how it works for being creative with your site.
  • You Can Also Create a Simple A/B Testing PluginMost platforms utilize an A/B testing methodology to find what works best. Alvaro Torres describes how you can create a testing plugin of your own without extensive programming knowledge. Though, knowing basic HTML and CSS is a plus.
  • AI and WordPress: Where and HowArtificial Intelligence is a booming platform. In this session, Fernando Puente provides solid examples of various products and services that use AI to improve WordPress as a whole.

This is just a short list of some of the awesome talks that are going on during this year’s WordCamp in Zaragoza. And to top it all off, there are games and gifts from various sponsors to close the camp in addition to the scheduled After Party.

It’s sure to be a great time for all those who attend.

Enlightening Things Around Zaragoza, Spain

If you’re in Europe or are planning to travel to Spain for the WordCamp, be sure to embrace everything the location has to offer. Keep in mind that Spain, itself, has a very long and rich history.

So, what are some of the attractions in the Zaragoza area? Well…

• If you have time to explore, perhaps one of the most amazing attractions is the Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar en Zaragoza (Basilica of Our Lady of Pilar). Started in 1681, the cathedral is a testament to superb craftsmanship and is an amazingly beautiful location.
  • If you like wine tasting and tapas, you can take a 3-hour tour of four Agagonises Wines and four Regional Tapas while walking through the ancient parts of the city. The exploration alone is worth the admission!
  • If wine isn’t your thing but you love exploring anyway, take a two-hour tour through Palacio de la Aljafería (Aljaferia Palace), which was built more than 1100 years ago! This is another locale in Zaragoza with some of the most intriguing architecture that is both magnificent and memorable.

I could spend days going over everything available in the area. And if you’re visiting for the WordCamp, I do hope you set aside some time to see some of the spectacular elements of Spain.

After all, some of the tours are only a couple of hours out of your day. Why not?

Have a Great Weekend in Zaragoza!

While at the WordCamp, don’t forget to stop by and say hi to Marco. He’ll be at our GreenGeeks table ready to answer questions or just to hang out and talk about WordPress in general.

I’d like to take this moment to thank all of the sponsors, organizers, volunteers, and patrons who made WordCamp Zaragoza happen this year. It’s your support that makes these camps worthwhile and why WordPress has one of the best communities on Earth.

Enjoy the weekend in Zaragoza and don’t forget to take a few moments to breathe in the atmosphere. It’s an awe-inspiring location with plenty of history to uncover.

Source link

You might also like