Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Drifting events?

Organising a club event in your area? Post it up here
Adman
Trc On!

Drifting events?

Postby Adman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi all am just wondering if any of you know about any drifting events in the south west? Iknow there is the one at smeapthorp but thats not untill march
Regards adam

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Drifting events?

Postby a2pen » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:45 pm

No south west is sugar I drive to pembrey and stay in a hotel.

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm

a2pen wrote:No south west is sugar I drive to pembrey and stay in a hotel.

Ahh that sucks. Typical for the southwest never anything going on. Where abouts are you living to mate? I seen you at smeapthorp. Pritty tasty behind the wheel! You done the v8 conversion? Ahh right think thats what i may have to do stay away for a few night and have ago. Have only just started so just want somwhere where i can have a little play nothing to serious yet. Pembrey is a 4 hour drive from me so thats not to bad really. Thanks

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Adman wrote:

Ahh that sucks. Typical for the southwest never anything going on. Where abouts are you living to mate? I seen you at smeapthorp. Pritty tasty behind the wheel! You done the v8 conversion? Ahh right think thats what i may have to do stay away for a few night and have ago. Have only just started so just want somwhere where i can have a little play nothing to serious yet. Pembrey is a 4 hour drive from me so thats not to bad really. Thanks

cheers I leart in a field with a e30.
then entered odc before I had even drifted, come last :)
Seat time is the best mod

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 pm

a2pen wrote:
Adman wrote:

cheers I leart in a field with a e30.
then entered odc before I had even drifted, come last :)
Seat time is the best mod

Ahh noway! Bet that was awsome. Gota love the old e30!
Cant blame a man for trying! Was harder than i thought it would be.
Thats it its just finding somewhere that does events for new drifters. As its guna be months between me drifting. But il get there in the end!
I fell in love with your tezz! Looks and sounds awsome!!!!

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 pm

It's like ridding a bike lol
Conversion is a drift must have.
Drifting an altezza is like drifting a ae86, full speed opposite lock and hope you have enough power to see you through the corner.
If you want to drift welded diff is a must

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:58 pm

a2pen wrote:It's like ridding a bike lol
Conversion is a drift must have.
Drifting an altezza is like drifting a ae86, full speed opposite lock and hope you have enough power to see you through the corner.
If you want to drift welded diff is a must

I cant ride a bike so thats me f**ked!
Yeah that the problem with the tezz there well underpowerd in the dry arnt they. Will have to purchase one soon as iv heard you cant weld the standard diff?

stacky
Trc Off

Postby stacky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:20 pm

I had no problem on the West track of Anglesey in the dry mate.... It really surprised me. Once your carrying enough speed you'l be ok

Also the standard tez lsd works just fine!

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm

stacky wrote:I had no problem on the West track of Anglesey in the dry mate.... It really surprised me. Once your carrying enough speed you'l be ok

Ahh thats good to know mate. Have to be up on the revs to get the power on but il air the tires right up and try pick up the speed abit more. Thanks.

Also does anyone know what is envolved in getting a better lock on the tezz?

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 am

Adman wrote:
stacky wrote:I had no problem on the West track of Anglesey in the dry mate.... It really surprised me. Once your carrying enough speed you'l be ok

Ahh thats good to know mate. Have to be up on the revs to get the power on but il air the tires right up and try pick up the speed abit more. Thanks.

Also does anyone know what is envolved in getting a better lock on the tezz?

Trust me welder is a must if you want to learn fast, I can drift the torsion but the welder makes it feel more natural, when power is limited.
Lower the suspension put the rear camber as close to 0 as possible.
If your running standard wheels 25-30mm spacers on the front to clear lower arms.
Spring washers between tie rod and rack is all I have at the moment.
Japspeed are running a jz powered is200 next year tried finding out what they using.
check my build thread if ur handy with a welder you can mod the knuckles

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Trust me welder is a must if you want to learn fast, I can drift the torsion but the welder makes it feel more natural, when power is limited.
Lower the suspension put the rear camber as close to 0 as possible.
If your running standard wheels 25-30mm spacers on the front to clear lower arms.
Spring washers between tie rod and rack is all I have at the moment.
Japspeed are running a jz powered is200 next year tried finding out what they using.
check my build thread if ur handy with a welder you can mod the knuckles[/quote]

Yeah iv heard it makes it alot more comfetable and its easyer to feel the car. Iv just changed all mine to two degrees all round but can soon drop the backs to 0 :). Iv got rotas on there atm 8.5 wide on the front with 20mm spacers. I will let my mate know this and see what he can do:). Yeah would be intresting to know if you find out:). Thats great thankyou mate :)

Return to “Club Events”