Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

My Altezza!

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
iansartoria
Trc Off

My Altezza!

Postby iansartoria » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Ok guys and gals here it is...finally! Been driving it all day so just got around to doing this but i'm so pleased with it, lived up to all my expectations and more!
It was fully valeted with all interior / door panels removed and cleaned, engine bay steam cleaned but i love to valet my own car so i gave it a once over with a glaze and a protector, Meguiars No. 7 and Auto Glym gloss protection. Followed by one coat of Auto Glym Aqua wax and two coats of the special stuff...Dodo supernatural (hard wax) :) Now its good enough to eat your dinner off!

So the car itself; 1998 (Dec / S Reg) RS200 Z Edition in White, imported to my spec by JM-Imports in late June and taken till mid October to arrive. 53,507 miles. Completely standard with no previous mods.

What i've done; Cusco front strut, standard alloys painted white and calipers red and a Pioneer 3300BT bought and fitted. Do have front and rear eyebrows painted but they dont fit right so i've left them for now.

Shiny McShine...

Just after i picked it up in the car park round the corner :)

Love a clean engine bay!

And there you have it guys, its taken since June 19th 2011 and costing my a considerable amount for a about 7 months...but well worth it! :D

Looking forward to your comments (only positive though lol)

Ian

poTTa
Altezza Guru

Re: My Altezza!

Postby poTTa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Wow...... :shock:

i dont think it could be any cleaner...
2004 RS200 Z

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Looking good, nice and clean

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:15 pm

spotless :) really happy for you! youve gone through alot to get her !

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Looks absolutely spotless, fair play. 8)

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 pm

BEAUTIFUL !!!
D700 / RS200

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Cheers for the compliments guys :)

Although the car passed it's MOT I've been reading through it and this is what it says;
Measurements
Brakes advisories: RBT front brake imbalance: N/A

Advisory items
001 Front brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. [3.7.A.2d]

002 Outer sill covers fitted unable to fully inspect outer sills.

003 Plastic covers underside unable to fully inspect underside.

004 Both front pads low

005 Offside front strut has slight misting of oil.

So apart from new front pads can someone kind of translate this for me please? And if I have to replace front brakes should I do rear as well? And finally what exactly do I need to buy, what brand (just want oem or there abouts for now) and where from??

I've also been told (and can notice) there is a rusty sound from the catalytic converter and should replace it soon.

So just need an idea on what's wrong? Should I be concerned? Is it going to be expensive? What I need to buy & where i need to buy it from? Any help would be appreciated please, thanks guys.

Ian.

p.s. If you want me to move this post to different section just do, just my car related chat so not sure, ta :)

Col
Trc On!

Postby Col » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

when you change the pads just take the calipers apart and give them a good clean. it's common for brakes to stick when cars have been sat for any length of time. there will be plenty of opinions on here as to what pads to get

the cars got sideskirts hence they couldn't inspect the sills... whatever

and you'll be needing a new front shock absorber at some point if it's misting as over time it will only get worse.
you can get them reconditioned but depends what set up your running

not sure what your asking about the cat...

hope this helps.

col

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Super clean!

If you want to stop a bit quicker then I'd recommend getting some EBC Green/Red Stuff or Ferodo DS2500 pads in it.
New shocks could be a good excuse to put some coilovers in it & drop the ride height a bit :wink:

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:55 pm

The 'rusty' noise you might be hearing, could just be the 3SGE cackle they have from factory. Need a resonator and a better muffler box to get rid of it.

Damok

Postby Damok » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:16 pm

:shock: Thats a clean motor. Nice. 8)

best of luck with it :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

caltezza
Trc On!

Postby caltezza » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:51 am

very nice, very clean. the wheels look really tidy :)

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Soiled wrote:The 'rusty' noise you might be hearing, could just be the 3SGE cackle they have from factory. Need a resonator and a better muffler box to get rid of it.

Mine had this and really annoy'd me ..... so got cat back exhaust fitted and it still did it ....... so got manifold and decat ....... All is fine now! :D

Cars lookin immaculate mate! Best of luck with it!

PS .... when i imported mine last year it also had misting on the drivers strut ..... it is now leaked and needing replaced. Im gonna get coillies though. Just keep an eye on it.

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, firstly thanks again for the compliments guys :) and thanks for all the info about my MOT report;

@ Col & E910 - Any reccomendations on shocks?
@ E910 - Would it be advisable to replace rear pads as well? and will i need to change the disks etc?
@ Soiled & wullie_trd - The rusty sound seems to have faded over the past couple of weeks but am most likely going to get a decat but then im thinking a full aftermarket exhaust and manifold etc and see how that goes but i am not mechanically minded and never done a car up in any way (just buy em and drive em), so any ideas or setups you can reccomend? help on what to buy and where to buy?

p.s. You can inbox me if its easier.

Cheers guys :)

Ian <------- n00b

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

BC Racing would probably be your cheapest option for coilovers in the UK http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/c-bcr01/lexu ... -is300-99/ Fensport do TEIN http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_4 ... ory_2/3016

It is advisable to either skim/machine the disc or replace them when installing new pads. Plenty of cheap slotted ones available in your market (same as IS). I'm still running OE rear pads with greenstuff up front & it's fine. Maybe upgrade them when they need changing next.

HKS Silent Hi-Power http://www.hkseurope.com/exhaust/hp_muf ... ilentpower rear muffler would be my first choice. A distant 2nd would be something like the Blitz Nur Spec S http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/ProductItem-2277.aspx

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”