Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

2.2 turbo altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

2.2 turbo altezza

Postby paul c » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

so here is my build thread from another forum ,getting there slowly if ya see any parts or want advice on anything i have done fire me a pm

loads of bits for sale too when i get a chance ha ha enjoy :)

started off like this

but i like my fancy colours so off for a full respray :happy)

ended up like this ( colour very hard to get right in a photo )

wheel nuts

trying on some 9j wheels which will be fitted soon once i find the right set

my recaros which will be fitted soon just waiting on passenger rail

some nice defis ,have 5 in total

so thats pretty much up too yesterday and the spec was

C-West front bumper and skirts

rear lip

HKS full silent power exhaust with decat

HKS 4-2-1 Mani

HKS coilovers

Blitz SUS intake

Apexi SAFC II

TRD Yellow anti roll bars front and back

Cusco 2 Way diff

Cusco underbody braces

Works Emotion 17" wheels

4 brand new Toyo T1R just fitted

5 Defi gauges and control unit

Mint Recaro seat

brand new kenwood stereo

Momo s/w

TRD high Spoiler

UPDATE 1/7/11

now this is where it gets interesting today i bought me another altezza yes a full car , this will be the doner as it has a f**king massive spec list

2.2 stroked engine
apexi billet crank
apexi rods
custom machined forged pistons
acl bearings
metal headgasket
coilovers
sparco bucket seats
2way lsd
greddy intercooler kit
greddy turbo kit
emanage blue
greddy and hks gauges
exedy clutch
lightened flywheel
upgraded brakes
strut braces

i could go on lol

car is now in the garage im going stripping it tomorrow and inspecting everything as i now have 2 of lots of parts including 2 full turbo kits and now 3 emanage blue ecus lol

will take some pictures of the doner car over the weekend but it dont look like much not been driven in 10 months

so the plan is take what ever parts i need from the doner car and sell the rest , then possibly a td05 or td06 turbo and about 1.6 bar of boost and were off :happy) :happy) :happy)

will update over weekend with what work i get done :nuts) :nuts)

03/07/11

THE DONER CAR

well here is the beast was not driven in nearly 2 years but has a mega spec might not look it but most parts are next too new lol charged the battery too today out in gedis place and she was well able for buns in her sorry state sounds lovely with the turbo too

fancy interior ha ah

another emb

hks and greddy gauges

61kms what a shame

so next saturday when the garage is free we have a supercharged levin to finish for gedis first the stripping will start and see what im keeping and selling once everything is off mine will come out and the fun will start i reckon a month maybe two as im going doing a lot of cleaning and spraying ,undersealing to mine :)

im getting rid of the emb getting a full standalone must get bigger injectors ,a fuel pump ,boost controller , bigger rad and loads more i cant remember now ha ha

UPDATE 09/07/11

Started stripping today with kieran had a c**t of a day being honest every bolt was nearly siezed but we got there in the end lol

grooved discs braided lines and konei pads

konei coilovers

greddy intercooler

rear strut

td04 tubby which is totally f*** lol

will find it hard fitting a huge tubby here lol

ENGINE BILL OUCH !!!!

also stripped all rocker covers ,inlet mani fuse box basically anything that can be sprayed so must get some primer and get that started

next weekend engine gearbox clutch and lsd is coming out and the head is coming off to get a new h/g and some arp bolts

after that its sell a few bits and get some more parts for the build once i have everything my car will go out and get engine taken out the bay sprayed and hopefully a big garrett turbo with external waste fitted

ROLL ON NEXT WEEKEND :) :)

UPDATE 16/07/2011

well most of the work done now its up to me to get some new parts now before i can go any further really will be doing a lot of cleaning and tidying up of parts now until i get sorted ,would like to sell a few bits really to free up some cash for new parts

looking for motec/haltech ecu and gt2871r turbo there the two major parts really only need fuel pump injestors small bits then :)

the challenge ahead

no fancy garages for this build ha ha

easy as that

lovely exedy clutch and lightened flywheel

diff out

as it is now

going to take off head tmw in preperation for arp bolts and a fresh head gasket ,hopefully things sell now and we can keep moving on this one :)

24/07/2011

decided to strip engine to be 100 % sure on the build and it was just as well lol

bottom end was perfect

the head which last owner said the head gasket was gone ,dont know where he got that idea as it was perfect lol

marking shims

here is where we found an issue now im no engine builder but surely using two different type of valves is not common practise lol

plan is to either use my head on the na car or else source two valves ,must decide soon as its holding us up ha ha

27/07/2011

just a few parts i picked up

arp bolts
ik22 plugs
cometic head gasket
walbro fuel pump
garrett 2871r turbo :)

UPDATE 30/07/11

ok took one step forward and about five back today ha ha , got the engine out of my own and got ready for painting the bay which will happen next week but the garett 2871r turbo is a no go :( with the design on my manifold the tubo just wont fit its too close to the block and fouling in loads of places so im going to have to settle for the td04 FOR NOW !!!

just going to get her set up see what she makes and look into getting a full new kit custom made to suit a massive tubby im absoulutely gutted as ill struggle to make 300 hp now but its only for the time being :(

on the plus note found a lovely lightened flywheel and exedy clutch in the car that i didnt know about :) so have s@3! loads of parts again for sale will make a donedeal ad tmw :)

going priming the bay monday and sorting a few small niggles

update 06/08/11

sprayed the bay today conditions are not ideal with the loom still in the bay and doing it in a dusty shed but pleased with the result looks dull in the pics but she is bling bling ha

going for ford thistle purple and to contrast it the rocker and all fuse boxes inlet mani etc are going a bright lime green ,i want the bay to be totally different so why not ha ha

couldnt finish anything in green as it needs a few coats so you will have to wait for them pics but we did get bored waiting for stuff to dry so we did a shot of green on my astra ha ha

waiting on shitloads of parts now but engine should be ready to go back in this week :)

update

17/08/2011

just some parts i have being collecting as i sell bits off the doner car
>avcr
>new front and back discs dimpled and grooved
>mintex pads
>purple catch can

there should be a beefy clutch too but finally customs caught me lol collecting it tmw

SPEC stage 4 clutch ,rated to 480 torque should just about hold the power ha ha

wheels arrived monday along with a trd purple oil cap, :) collecting ecu saturday morning and my wideband will be here tomorrow all i need now is 550 injectors and im done :)then the fun begins ha ha

27/08/11

an expensive update ha ha

haltech p1000 standalone ecu and a innovate wideband kit

fitted trd mounts today along with clutch and re sealed the sumps which was a complete disaster of a job

went to fit engine and it went downhill after nearly an hour of fu**ing about we decided to leave it and come back next week with a fresh start too late in the day to be dropping gearboxes and ripping prop shafts lol

i offered the wheels up to the car too fronts are perfect rear needs some stretch and camber alright ha ha excuse the dust

still waiting on parts for engine so did a few small jobs today

fitted new steering wheel and took out the rpm defi in the pillar pod and replaced it with the wideband gauge which is being tigersealed in as its 52mm and defis 60 mm lol but fits nicely now after a bit of butchering bt:)

got wheels on fronts are perfect may even run a 3-5 mm spacer when lowered rears definitely need work but there not so bad

how the engine is now ha , half in half out bits missing everywhere lol

update
forgot my camera but the engine is now in at long last all lined up and ready to rock , need to re seal the rocker cover and fit timing belt etc but the hard work is behind us , next up is gaskets and fit turbo kit intercooler etc and hopefully get her fired up on the standard ecu before we attempt to fit the haltech ha ha

mostly electricial and cosmetic parts to be fitted then :)

here is what was left of the doner car ha ha we smashed it pretty good :) we had a 320 bmw that we were messing in and got carried away and decided to have a destruction derby lol

17/10/11

engine is finished :) just need to set the timing tomorrow and fit all the sprayed covers etc , didnt take much pics but today we
fitted the rear strut brace
walbro pump which is tricky enough much harder than a starlet anyway lol
re sealed rocker cover cover gasket
fitted gear knob
sorted wideband gauge
sorted the brakes with new fluid etc

tomorrow should see all the covers ,inlet mani on ,possibly turbo kit ,front mount and rear arches chopped :)
getting there now and its about f**king time

18/10/11

set back today with the cam gears turns out i need ne ones as i opened mine and there f****d once opened so that solves that problem i suppose

couldnt do a lot of things due to this but managed to fit the turbo kit anyway get the wideband kit sorted and wired in and get the bung welded into the downpipe

cant do much more now until i get new cam gears :(

some of the covers going on :)

on the look out for some nice purple stickers now to contrast the green
Last edited by paul c on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: 2.2 turbo altezza

Postby nenaghcorolla » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:09 pm

really cool project lad.... good detail in this thread.....there was some money spent on that engine.....best of luck with it looking forward to more updates :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Damok

Postby Damok » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 pm

nice project will be keeping an eye on this 8)
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:27 pm

good work. fair play.

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:29 am

Cool project will have to keep an eye on this. think I said before but I love the colour.
Had some money spent on the engine hasnt it.
Not gonna put steering wheel in you're car? :lol:

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:51 am

Epic build, looks great ,she just needs the power now to match, will be watching this thread. :mrgreen:

P.D.87RWD
Altezza Guru

Postby P.D.87RWD » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:23 pm

nice colour ...fair play on project.. :)

meterboy972
Trc On!

Postby meterboy972 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:20 am

You're my hero bro! I would really like to see the finished project also i love the paint job on the project tezza, it looks better with the black rims too! :D

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:35 pm

great build i will be keeping an eye on this one 8)

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 pm

little update bitches :)

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:18 pm

update :)

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Ya dont hang around :shock: Coming along well now. :P

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:44 pm

few expensive updates for ye :)

Stones
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Stones » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:41 pm

coming along nicely now lad what kind of money are them haltech ecu's?

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Stones wrote:coming along nicely now lad what kind of money are them haltech ecu's?

you can get them from america for about 1300 but you would probably get caught by customs

over here about 1700 and with extras can be over 2k easily :D

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”