Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Importing my Altezza step-by-step Diary - iansartoria

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
iansartoria
Trc Off

Re: Importing my Altezza step-by-step Diary - iansartoria

Postby iansartoria » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Ok guys, my deposit is down! but i need some advice on choosing the the right one!

I do like the car but do i want to rush in or wait?? Plus it is a grade R, only cause it had a boot lid repainted after getting the high rise spoiler fitted and the wires inside the cabin are from an old satnav that would be removed on servicing.

Cheers guys, Ian.
Last edited by iansartoria on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damok

Postby Damok » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Looks nice but its hard to tell from 3pics :? , The wheels dont look right on it. .

Theres a nice one there,, The code is CY50069 but its a grade R to :?
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Damok wrote:Looks nice but its hard to tell from 3pics :? , The wheels dont look right on it. .

Theres a nice one there,, The code is CY50069 but its a grade R to :?

Yeah i do like the interior of a Qualitat but i have almost decided i need the car to be White or Black and yes they might be more common, but i've always had anything but those colours and since detailing is my hobby then i would relish cleaning a white car! :D

The guy at jm-imports is sending his mechanic to look at it as i am quite peticular and would need the engine bay to clean and the BEAMS cover to be present and since i can see (what i assume to be) jdm drivers seat, exhaust, and wing mirrors i'm guessing there may a surprise or 2 under the bonnet.

As for grade R, from what i gather grade R can be anything from painting stone chips on the bonnet or replacing a wing mirror to a cat C repair! Still i shall wait for more pics and a report to come back.

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:36 pm

What the exchange rate like thesedays ?
Last year it was very severe :(

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:05 pm

According to XE £1 = 128 Yen and 1 Euro = 114 Yen.
Still crap but better than it was a few months back

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Ok going back to the car i just linked, can anyone please tell me what spoiler this is please?

And what wing mirrors these are please? Oh and the drivers seat if possible? (i know its a recaro, but thats it), thanks :)

Just knowing my luck i will not get the car but i would love the spoiler and those wing mirrors so please, any ideas?

Cheers :)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 am

that sunroof looks aftermarket too... other than that I can't answer your questions...

t_sport190
Trc Off

Postby t_sport190 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:12 pm

The spoiler looks universal never seen this on a IS / Altezza before, not keen on it & the wing mirrors are Ganador, real expensive to buy but i like them alot more than M3 style ones, i think you lose the auto folding feature on them.

mlcoolj wrote:that sunroof looks aftermarket too... other than that I can't answer your questions...

I hope it isnt ! i not keen on after market sunroofs its gotta be factory fitted or hard top(no sunroof) for me, & i cant tell on pic if that is aftermarket.
Image Image

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Cheers for the info guys. I am in two minds over the spoiler and the mirrors, but then they are easily swapped for OEM i guess and the spoiler isnt to in your face, its just like a boot lip on stilts :) And the price of those ganadors could see a little return for me if i chose to remove and sell em. Still its early days, i just hope in my impatience i don't rush into something!

As for the sunroof i really hope it isnt aftermarket also, thats a massive no, no for me. But its not in its report (including no modifications to the engine), just that the boot lid has been removed, spoiler fitted and a re-spray on the boot lid (grading it R) and no reports on any replacement parts or crashes which is my main concern but i am waiting to get it inspected in person (this Thursday i have just been informed) to find out more - which should include more pictures, so fingers crossed it could turn out to be exactly what i am looking for right away! (can anyone be that lucky though??)

:) Ian.

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok guys i have been sent some new pictures of a tezza.

Now i have a some issues, they are;
* Would need a rear bumper as the trd bumper isn't on it,
* Bit concerned about the front lights as they look a little misty and may need replaced,
* Will also need front fogs installed,
* Also are they OEM seats?
* Would need the engine bay been steam cleaned and any rust and erosion fixed & removed. Just it looks a little dirty and i do love a clean engine bay - "A well looked after engine bay is representive on how the rest of the car has been looked after!" It sells the car for me.
* Also the steering wheel has faded and would want it replaced - i know, i'm very picky :)
* Finally what strut bar is this? looks like a Cusco?

I know i am being a 'bit' pedantic but then i am spending upwards of £6900 and want it to be just what i want or i will kick myself if its not what i want and will never be happy.driving it.

I am still waiting for the cars info which i will edit on here later once i get it sent through to me, such as age / milage / grade / price, etc.

Anyways here it is, opinions and suggestions please!

So yeah, opinions and advice needed please!

Ian

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 pm

i imported mine myself for £ 5500 delivered grade 4, 112,000kms. trd plasic bodykit etc. if you are spending that much money on fresh import make sure you get it with plastic trd bodykit. Because they look so good and are rare as.

Hoods
Trc Off

Postby Hoods » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 pm

imo both cars you have posted aint worth anything more than 4k. for your money you could get a very very nice example. Just keep looking and the right 1 will come along :D

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Yes TRD kit is a must imo.

As for the car, the info has just come in and this is how it stands;

87,000km
Grade 4
Age not specified - but not an issue for a grade 4 imo.
Cusco front strut
afftermarket backbox - brand unknown - but this is not a problem as a Hi-Power Silent is going on it.
£6700 on the road

They would machine polish the lights (as told this is a common thing for jspec cars?) and steam clean and polish up the engine nice and shiney.so thats 2 problems solved immediately.
However i would need to supply fog lights, steering wheel and rear bumber which i am assuming say £350 ish? (maybe more if i need the bumper sprayed) and the problem i have is my budget is totally gone after a new exhaust and filter is dropped in...and i know what your thinking, "use the Credit Card"!! lol but it will suffer greatly after buying the car hmmmmmm dilema!!!

So thoughts on that?

Ta :)

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 pm

i personally would hold out untill a perfect one comes along. for that kind of money you can get a much nicer example. would of thought you could get an 02 spec one for that kind of money.

iansartoria
Trc Off

Postby iansartoria » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Yeah your right, my original budget was £5500 and that was the spec i was quoted for that price, so with £6900 i should think 79k and under, grade 4 & 2001+ with all the bits n pieces i want, just might take a little longer but will be worth it in the end :D

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”