Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Some pics of mine after a clean :)

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
jarocki
Altezza Guru

Re: Some pics of mine after a clean :)

Postby jarocki » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:14 pm

is there a dummy guide as to how to use the clay bar? cos the car i reckon needs a deep wash?

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:52 pm

jarocki wrote:is there a dummy guide as to how to use the clay bar? cos the car i reckon needs a deep wash?

Heres a link to a vid with the stuff I use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI, just make sure the car is washed first , then use the paint cleaner before the clay bar otherwise u will use up the clay bar a lot quicker .

Oh and if u drop the clay (easily done) bar u have to throw it away because otherwise u will be scratching ur paintwork with any tiny bits of dirt stuck to the bar . And dont do it in the sun .....

You will be surprised by the amount of dirt that will come off your paint , the bar will turn a manky goldy brown ...even after a wash so it does really work.

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:31 pm

cheers for that. was looking at halfords there that kit costs 40 euro can it be got cheaper anywhere else? or maybe something else that will take out the few light scratches on the paintwork? thanks again

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 am

nice ride man! looking good!

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am

cheers for that. was looking at halfords there that kit costs 40 euro can it be got cheaper anywhere else? or maybe something else that will take out the few light scratches on the paintwork? thanks again

you can get it on ebay a bit cheaper but you have to pay for delivery aswell

http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid= ... ay+bar+kit

or cleancar.ie http://www.cleancar.ie/detailingclay.html

i picked up the dodo juice pack while in the UK as it was highly recommended, i havent used it as yet, hopefully its good

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm

beautiful car, them rear lights are the business . Do you get any hassle due to their darkness?

jarocki wrote:cheers for that. was looking at halfords there that kit costs 40 euro can it be got cheaper anywhere else? or maybe something else that will take out the few light scratches on the paintwork? thanks again

Clay doesnt remove scrathes :wink: only takes off contamenents like sap, insect droppings etc. and leaves the paint nice and smooth/soft

Get yourself "Bilt Hamber" clay and its used with water not the spray that comes with meguairs, have used both, but find you need less Bilt Hamber compared to meguairs.

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 pm

will the bilt hamber get rid of the scratches?

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:35 pm

jarocki wrote:will the bilt hamber get rid of the scratches?

no its clay aswell. you probably need a compound to get rid of the scrathes. you could clay the car and try polish the scrathes out if they're really light with autoglym srp and wax with something like meguairs gold class or collinite 476s or else leave the car somewhere to get detailed

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”