Fitted my headunit today, and removed the one the car came with.
All the factory wires were cut and bullet connectors put in place instead >_<
There is an amp under the passengers seat, and there was at some point an amp under the drivers seat which has now been removed. The amp still there is driving the sub in the boot. I think the one there used to run the speakers, and the one thats been removed was used to run the sub, and the wires from amp to sub come out from under the carpet on the drivers side.
Sadly, they had decided to run the wires to the passengers side by just going over the hump behind the center console.... where anyone can just pull on it etc. I ran that cable up under the center console, so you cant even notice its there now.
The front speakers werent previously going. I didnt find out exactly why, but it could be becuase the speaker wires went from factory wiring in dash, under the center console, up under the passengers seat to a chocolate block connector, where it joined to yet another cable which came back under the center console, up back to the headunit in the dash. big loop, no reason. o_O
I got a good handful of wires pulled out that it didnt need, and tidied it all up nicely. All speakers now go, yay. Headunit also fits in the dash better, and the dash pocket now has screws in to hold it (previously was just sitting there)
I also took some time to give the engine bay a quick clean, and polish the strut brace before refitting.