Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Maybe a Supercharged Turbo Altezza in the making??

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
not_too_fast
Trc On!

Maybe a Supercharged Turbo Altezza in the making??

Postby not_too_fast » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:35 pm

Right had a tip out the county bounds at the weekend. Hit a ditch fairly straight on and here's the damage before and after i took off the throttle body, air intake piping, intercooler and piping... and rads...

Think it can be straightened or a whole new cross member in order?

After i get this sorted.. hopefully in the next two, three weeks? I might be able to get my hands on a fully forged 3sge.

So i was thinkin while im at all of this bolt on a HKS GT-SS turbo and manifold into the mix as well as the blitz compressor I'll take off from my old engine.

I know its not as easy as doing that so don't insult me with saying that, its a big job i know but a forged engine with the s/c boosting at 0.5 and turbo maybe at 0.4 should be more than able for that. Not lookin for massive massive power gains here just to be the first one to do it in Ireland?

Along with a standalone ECU with SERIOUS map, thicker head gasket, what else am i looking to get? Seeing as i have all the FMIC with piping, stage 2 SPEC clutch, callipers and discs out of a supra and alot more bits that had to be done when the car was supercharged..

Again i know this is a big big job and any help would be appreciated

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Re: Maybe a Supercharged Turbo Altezza in the making??

Postby tezza mick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:29 am

Sounds like a savage project ,good luck with it.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:08 pm

ooow twin charging :twisted: this will be a good project not sure how the plumbing will work but should be interesting build
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

impartialise
Trc Off

Postby impartialise » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:42 pm

I think if you do go ahead with this, one thing you'll have to change is your username :lol:

I don't know enough to advise you, but I'd suggest you spend a bit of time to think about how you'd set it up.
i.e. will the turbo feed the supercharger, or the other way round, or could you run both in parrellel ?

They'll both be running different boost at different RPM, I think the main benefit is really to reduce the lag of the turbo which is why having a large turbo (more lag) is most rewarding.

Best of luck and keep us posted

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”