Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

New Daily: 02 Facelift Altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
davemx-5
Noob!

Re: New Daily: 02 Facelift Altezza

Postby davemx-5 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 am

Yeah people are paying €550 for a plastic phase one legana bumper and fog light and that's apparently a bargain! Ha ha

Yeah there's so much you can do to an mx5 they are such a fun car! I'd you need any info pm me anytime!

I've moved to London to a new job so my projects are kind of put on hold at the minute. I'll take the tezz Iver eventually though when it's finished.

will1
Trc On!

Postby will1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:35 am

Will defo drop ya a pm for some info. Few for sale now and keeping rwd fun :D

davemx-5
Noob!

Postby davemx-5 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Got this insured over the weekend and did a few things on it:
- new front tyres, cheap and cheerful Nankangs
- full alignment
- New pressed aluminium number plates
- Played with headlight beam alignment as the light output on these are ridiculously s@3!. I don't need to use the fog lights to see now which is a massive difference.

It's going for test now in two weeks, fingers crossed it'll pass, only done 1000kms since last year.

Drove it all weekend and only got 23.5 mpg! Never thought I'd get that low was expecting low 30's or late 20's at worst!ha :o

Smiles per gallon was much better though! Really enjoying this car! :lol:

Immediate plans:
- Get through nct
- Buy new connectors and loom for facelift headlights
- Source facelift rear lights (decided to stay oem, instead of going for leds)
- Get new front bumper as the fiberglass copy thats on it is a horrific fit. Be a while away as plastic legana bumpers are 500 euro plus atm.
- Get rear lip fitting better
- Get a few very small scrapes tidied up

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm

Glad you got her back insured and enjoying it :)

Just to clarify MPG (as I have found it on mine anyway). M engine is standard and Im getting 34MPG max on a run and driving sensible, average of 28-30MPG in a nrormal week of back roads, commuting and a couple of big blasts on the straights to each journey and about 23-25MPG if i literally hoon it everywhere for a whole tank (which is quite hard to do even on back roads tbh!)

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”