Page 2 of 5

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 pm
by peter0991
Looks good man. Gives me ideas :lol:

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:50 pm
by Trd Shane
peter0991 wrote:Looks good man. Gives me ideas :lol:


Think it was 90 quid shipped from Japan .. Can't remember

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 pm
by mk2glenn
Fair play lad some class parts used there! Are you going to map it on the rolling road? I'd be interested to see what it makes, both before and after mapping.

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 pm
by Trd Shane
mk2glenn wrote:Fair play lad some class parts used there! Are you going to map it on the rolling road? I'd be interested to see what it makes, both before and after mapping.


Yeah it will be mapped on a rolling road .. I won't be able to get a n/a reading as I never got it Dynod before I fitted the turbo ...
Will be mapped as soon as I get the head gasket and new injectors in ... So id say around 280 mark easily

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:21 am
by peter0991
Just a word of advice. The heat from the turbo likes to melt the exhaust cam position sensor on the back of the engine. Id make a heat shield around the turbo to save it from molten death. I just used a sheet of ally and bent it to suit. Didnt have any issues after that. :wink:

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 pm
by Trd Shane
peter0991 wrote:Just a word of advice. The heat from the turbo likes to melt the exhaust cam position sensor on the back of the engine. Id make a heat shield around the turbo to save it from molten death. I just used a sheet of ally and bent it to suit. Didnt have any issues after that. :wink:


Thanks for the heads up I think it was on your forum I seen that it happened and in the middle of making a heats shield for the sensor :) thanks again :)

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:55 pm
by xeraptor
This is after 6 laps at mondello.
Image
Make sure to cover you sensor with heat reflective wrap.
My sensor body is fused with the plug now. :))

Reach out to me if you need help mapping PFC.

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:29 pm
by Trd Shane
xeraptor wrote:This is after 6 laps at mondello.
Image
Make sure to cover you sensor with heat reflective wrap.
My sensor body is fused with the plug now. :))

Reach out to me if you need help mapping PFC.


Power fc mapping :) you have me interested ??
What you mean !?!?

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:11 pm
by Trd Shane
Small update

Fitted the apexi air box the weekend
Had to relocate a lot of wire and relocate the washer bottle
Bend a fe brackets and waallaaahh she sits in nice a neat

The Greddy air filter sits a small bit higher than a apexi air filter so it doesn't sit flush
So new air filter will cure that issue

Image

But other than that it's a tidy fit

Question is
Leave it that metal look or get it carbon dipped what you guys think



Also getting a straight threw exhaust custom made on Saturday so will have an update then
After the exhaust its just a head gasket to fit and remap :)

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:16 pm
by Trd Shane
So today went well after about three hours of bending and fettling and choosing the back box the exhaust is done and it's a really neat job I have to say

Went for as straight threw pipe as possible with a small back box with little to no restriction .. And omg what a mistake the noise is deafening but awesome at the same time when the turbo spools up the noise is amazing but way to loud

So I've made up a exhaust bung temporarily to save my ear drums and will be ordering an electronic exhaust valve so it can be super loud when I want and nice and quiet when I need it to be all by a press of a button :D


Image

Image

So onwards and upwards just need a thicker head gasket now and she be ready for a remap .. So I think I'll put her up till after the Christmas and start hard at it next year ... New year new car :D

If anyone is looking for custom exhaust made up in Ireland contact me and ill get you superb work and quality at an awesome price :D

Peace out :D

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:38 pm
by peter0991
Nice exhaust man! Im thinking of leaving the car until after new year as well. I want a break, its been a hectic few months. I know how you feel.

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 pm
by Trd Shane
peter0991 wrote:Nice exhaust man! Im thinking of leaving the car until after new year as well. I want a break, its been a hectic few months. I know how you feel.


Cheers pal
Yeah I need a break from all the head aches just going to have a stress free christmas and hit it hard in the new year hahaha all going well that is haha

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:32 am
by mlcoolj
Looking good man! I have an exhaust like that laying around too, fitted it on the car for like 15 minutes and took it off.. wayy to loud lol... maybe I'll invest in one of those electronic valves and then install it again...

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:44 pm
by RS Tom-Hundred
Loving this car and exhaust looks great! :)

Re: Altezza turbo project (Ireland)

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:27 pm
by Trd Shane
mlcoolj wrote:Looking good man! I have an exhaust like that laying around too, fitted it on the car for like 15 minutes and took it off.. wayy to loud lol... maybe I'll invest in one of those electronic valves and then install it again...


Yeah it's 100 euro well spent .. My friend has one on his supercharged celica with it open its super loud and with it closed its really quiet

Only bad thing is when it's closed you can't really sink the shoe cause the valve blocks 90% of the exhaust so it causes too much of a restriction and throws up engine management light when you try to sink the shoe .. But only blinks for a second or two .. But if you open it 3/4 of the way it's still quiet enough and can't send it on to :)

But well worth the money .. 100 euro to save some ear drums money well spent in my mind haha