Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

budget is200 turbo

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
john wan
Trc On!

Re: budget is200 turbo

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:00 pm

As you can see from the picture above I fitted a fpr an also return line this to be fair was one of the first things I did a bit bum nipping as you have to drill the top of the fuel tank sender unit so to start with I used the standard pump but I had a few issues stuttering an stuff that I put down to the pump but in the end was dodgey lambda set up and the return line being nipped an gettin nipped driving so now running a walbro 255 pump so the bit you see with a blob on is the standard return you have to nip it weld the end then seal it or this gives problems to

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:10 pm

So at the other end theres a bolt on the end of the fuel rail I undid this fitted a couple of fittings to run to the fpr with

Last edited by john wan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:17 pm

So decided to get some guages as id need them but where to fit them so after looking at a few places I decided id need them up in view so settled on the dash pod

So after driving like this for a while I decided to do some fiberglass never made a pod before allways bought one so this is the start

[url=http://s822.photobucket.com/user/johnwan_bucket/media/20130424_191324_zps982695c7.jpg.html]Image[/url

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Ha ha ha ha althought I have done more to the above it still isnt finished its primered an still got filler on it no pickys of this at the mo anyway onward

So as I like a bit of drifting an new the parts I decided that the best turbo would be that off a nissan 200sx either t25/28 in the end I settled on t28 so had to find a top mount eldow but it would seem that there as rare as rocking horse poop so managed to find a cheap elbow and down pipe an got mah chop an stick on again best tool ive bought so far migs are awesome

I decided to get a y peace so as I could keep the standard set up this means I can remove everything in future if I need to
Last edited by john wan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:36 pm

So I got a cheap intercooler pipe set up an spent a day scratching my head how the f**k do I run these bloody things its to tight was said once or twice but glad I got this kit if I didnt have the bends id have not been able to do it

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

So after a day of busted knuckles an excited dancing it ended up like this my mate got buisy with some stainless I had kicking about to hook me up with a heat sheild

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 pm

But I wasnt happy with the air filter being right above the manifold so had to extend it so more silicone pipe

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:43 pm

So after driving it for a few hours and havin a massive smile I realised the actuator was to much psi wise so would have to change or blow my engine to bits so luckily I had bought a saab 900 t25 at the same time as the intercooler and disnt know till thia point they had an adjustable part so managed to fab a bracket to make this work with the turbo and this with my manual boost control im running 5/6 psi
Not a lot I know but shes way way better to drive an as ive kept her standard looking I love it when I supprise people stelthy is the way forward

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

So driving for a few months with the ecu light keep popping up an turning it off knowing full well it had to be somthing stupid wrong I kep getting one lambda sayin to rich an one saying to lean but they were sat right next to each other I mean 10mm away I knew one had to be wrong so chainged them this cured it for a few days then back again I knew it had to be these some how till I said somthing on out law jap club an had a member tell me he had joined two into one an it cured his problems so bodged this together

An shes been fine since

john wan
Trc On!

Postby john wan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 pm

So my newest mod is down to my wicked wife buying me subframe locking collars for crimbo

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”