Finally got some decent time down.
Pulled out all the rads and the a/c
Suddenly there was so much space I thought about putting a second in
Pulled the head apart and cleaned it a bit. Was going to soda blast it to make it look like new but it's completely pointless as I'm not going for the whole super clean and shiny car look. It would just take a lot of time plus it looks pretty good anyway.
Gave her a very very light skim while I was at it to clean it all up nicely and ensure it was dead flat
Rebuilt with new seals and lapped valves
After 2 and a half hours I finally got it back together only to realize I forgot to put the valve spring seats in. On the bright side, the second time I rebuilt it I managed to strip it, clean it and rebuild it in just over an hour.
Next I had to prep the cylinder deck (at this point I really wished I took the engine out and built the whole thing on the bench) did the best I could with blocking up the oil and water jackets.
Let the rebuild begin!
It has taken me a very long time but finally the head is on an torqued up.
Reassembled by VVTI gears which is petty easy really. If I've done it right....first test drive is going to be a butt clenching moment that's for sure.
Plan to have the cams and cover on tomorrow, water pipes, inlet manifold, pas pump and hopefully get it timed up!
Will then just be a case of figuring out a way to mount my new rad, smash it in and turn over for the first time in a month!
Very excited. Miss driving it so much