Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

NinjaPower: Altezza Drift - BDC 2013 - 500hp 1JZ

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
NinjaPower
Trc Off

NinjaPower: Altezza Drift - BDC 2013 - 500hp 1JZ

Postby NinjaPower » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 am

The Ninja

Car: Altezza SXE10
Engine: 1JZGTE
Trans: R154

My 2013 British Drift Championship starts here..

Picked up car. It was cheap, no problems when I bought the car, 45 mins later and the radiator burst's.. I was 8-10 mins from my unit and doing 120kph on the motorway.. I wasn't going to stop in a dangerous place so kept going.. The 1G lasted longer than I thought it would, just got to the gates in front of my unit before it died... The smell of hotness was horrendous.

I have my 1JZGTE & R154 that currently resides in my JZS160 GS300..
The engine originally came from my old JZX90 Chaser, and the R154 came from a Mklll Supra I broke for spares just to get the gearbox.

I also have modified front hubs, modified steering knuckles, RCA's, SuperPro offset tension rod bushes, HKS HyperMax Pro Coilovers, and some other bits and bobs all ready to bolt on.

I bought a set of genuine Toyota Wind Deflectors on eBay for a bargin price a couple of weeks ago in anticipation for picking up a SXE...

More about the engine...
Until now the engine has been pretty much standard on the original twin turbos.. I have a Holset HX35, got a 12cm Exhaust Housing and modified it by welding up the original Internal Wastegate hole, and the gap the Wastegate gas vents back into the exhaust through. I'll also weld the flange on and just use the V-band. I have acquired a lovely elbow from a bus similar to that my turbo is from, the design of this elbow is almost optimum efficiency for a turbo elbow, it's also got a 3.5" outlet which is exactly perfect.

Freshly shot blasted after welding..

My R154 has a custom made Remote Shifter, I'm also using a DW Lightweight Flywheel with ARP Bolts, TRD Paddle Clutch plate, and new stock cover plate.

More updates coming soon... I'll tidy this post up when rest of pictures are uploaded...

tomo
Altezza Guru

Re: NinjaPower: Altezza Drift - BDC 2013 - 500hp 1JZ

Postby tomo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Awesome, will keep my eyes on this.

Damok

Postby Damok » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Cool project. . Keep us up to date with this 8)
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby nenaghcorolla » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 pm

very vrey nice :mrgreen:

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Today, I got the engine ready to come out.. I was rained off for a while so sat in the car talking interior out.. Just the gearbox & engine mounts and prop to unbolt then the engine will be out.
Most of the interior is out too, couple of my mates gave me a hand removing that.. Just the dash board left in..

The interior is for sale if anyone wants it.. I don't have enough posts yet to put it up for sale but it's here if anyone wants it.
It's the Black Leather & Alcantara interior, the Front Seats(driver seat electric), Rear Seats, Door Cards & Parcel Shelf(has Lexus Speaker Covers for 6x9s) are for sale.
Have many other interior parts I don't need too, Single Din Head Unit Surround, Radio/Sterio Adaptor Loom, Centre Consol/Arm Rest, Ash Tray, Heater Controls, Steering Wheel with Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Glove Box, Seat Belts,
I'm not going to need any of the Heater Fan box, Heater Matrix, Ducting, etc..

Also have a spare 4 bolt Diff and Shafts as I'm changing to 6 bolt JDM Diff and shafts. I think it's an open diff, but I can weld it if anyone is looking for a welded is200 diff.

I also have the headlight washers, I don't need them so I can sell it as a kit if anyone wants to retro fit headlight washers. I have the pump from washer bottle, the 2 pop out bits with brackets, the 2 covers, and the button to operate them. Can also supply the plugs to wire them in if your car does not already have them.

I'm also looking for some spares... Need Headlights, Rear Lights, Bonnet..
I'm on a tight budget so don't want to pay more than £15 for lights and £30 for bonnet.. Not worried about scratched lights or scratched/dented bonnet.

Last edited by NinjaPower on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a2pen
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby a2pen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm

U might want to put a breather in the custom remote shifter,
When I done mine on the w58 it emptied the oil out the gearstick.
If you look on top of the w58 remote shifter its got a little breather
Next to front bolt of shifter

sparkystav
Trc Off

Postby sparkystav » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Looks good mate!

I have a bonnet if your interested. In silver as well. I had it as a spare in case I seriously messed up my bonnet catches but I've done them successfully now. Lol

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

a2pen wrote:U might want to put a breather in the custom remote shifter,

Not sure the R154 needs it, they don't have one there as standard.
I'll be fitting one sometime soon anyway, the box will come apart and I'll fit the uprated parts from driftmotion. Also going to fit an oil cooler for it too. That's a while down the line though... and I'd like to get a spare to rebuild, then sell mine when Iv swapped them over..

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

sparkystav wrote:Looks good mate!

I have a bonnet if your interested. In silver as well. I had it as a spare in case I seriously messed up my bonnet catches but I've done them successfully now. Lol

Just read your pm.. I'm interested in the bonnet, what are the chances of it getting to Surrey without it getting mashed by courier? Lol
Could potentially do a deal for the drive shafts :wink:

sparkystav
Trc Off

Postby sparkystav » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 pm

NinjaPower wrote:
sparkystav wrote:Looks good mate!

Just read your pm.. I'm interested in the bonnet, what are the chances of it getting to Surrey without it getting mashed by courier? Lol
Could potentially do a deal for the drive shafts :wink:

You can use these:
http://www.wheelcarrier.co.uk/prices.htm

£20 for delivery.

Message me if your interested.

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Started work on stripping the car.. 
First the interior was removed, then the dash board, heater matrix, etc.. 
Iv chipped up all the sound deadening material, there was 8kg of the tar based matting... Total weight of all the sound deadening inc bulkhead insulation, underside of carpet sound insulation, etc was 62Kg. 
Iv also removed the heater matrix, most ducting, unneeded interior parts etc totalling a weight of 41kg. The original front seats are 12kg heavier than the seats I'm fitting. That's a saving of 115KG so far.. 
Iv still got a lot I want to remove in the way of wiring from the body loom.. The car will still be road legal but things like abs, airbag, electric windows/seats/sunroof/radio/heater system, etc wiring will all be cut out. 

The 1G engine and gearbox have also been removed, the engine was weighed in minus a few useful bits and bobs, the gearbox is probilly going to make its way onto my friends AE86..

1JZ removed from the Aristo.. Turbos removed, new Manifold fitted...

Chucked engine in Altezza on original 1G mounts.. Im going to modify the subframe and get the engine sitting an inch further back. 
Just wanted to see how it fits and start to think about where I want the Wastegate and Exhaust Downpipe etc..

The engine already has a Modifed sump from when I fitted it to the Aristo..

Turbo im using is a Holset HX35 with a 12cm Exhaust housing. 
The exhaust housing has been modified.. The internal Wastegate hole has been welded shut, this was filled with a plug so the flow inside of the scroll is not disturbed by a cavity. I also crafted and welded in a plate to cover the gap in the outlet, again this was done so the flow of gas is not disturbed. 

*Pic of turbo coming soon*

Just welded and shot blasted exhaust housing...

HKS GTll 60mm External Wastegate.. NEED FLANGES.. Do you have??

More updates coming soon..

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:46 am

Trial fitted my Holset HX35 today..

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 pm

very nice :twisted:
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Many thanks to Vibra-Technics for these Engine mounts.. Beautifully made parts.. They have been custom spec'd to take the extra weight of the 1jz, while being short and keeping my engine as low as possible...

Vibra-Technics make Engine and Transmission Mount for most cars, and can make mounts to suit most applications including engine conversions etc:thumbs:

sparkystav
Trc Off

Postby sparkystav » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Awesome mounts, I have a set myself, never heard a bad thing about them.

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”