Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
Moley
Trc Off

Re: Minty.Fresh Boosted Drift Altezza

Postby Moley » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I can't believe I've never seen your car. I'm from peterhead. But I work in Aberdeen.

And by God it's low! !!

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Really? You wouldnt happen to have a white altezza as well?

You probably wouldnt have seen me because my car has been hibernating for a long time :lol:

Come say hi if you're ever around ;)

Its also probably got the most ground clearance compared to the other cars in the team :oops:

edit: just saw that you have a red lexus :)

Moley
Trc Off

Postby Moley » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am

I've met Jay and a few more of you guys a long time ago.
When he had the is200. Also seen yous at jae a few years ago

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 am

Aaah yes! Unfortunately ive never seen Jays IS in person as I only moved to Aberdeen in June last year. He drives a boring pickup truck now :lol:

Moley
Trc Off

Postby Moley » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 am

peter0991 wrote:Aaah yes! Unfortunately ive never seen Jays IS in person as I only moved to Aberdeen in June last year. He drives a boring pickup truck now :lol:

I thought he had a skyline ? ?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Nah, a lot of people have sold their cars and switched to push bikes and practical cars, haha. Guess not everyone has the financial stability to support cars like this :lol:

starletburkie
Trc Off

Postby starletburkie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:32 am

Love this car! Where did you get the extra lock mods?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:49 am

Made them :)

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby murphman07 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:49 pm

haven't been on this in ages, that car is unreal looking !! Fairplay, crazy amount of hrs and determination gone into it by the look of things.
All factory extra's Garda, I swear!

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:11 pm

So, Ive been away with work for ages and didn't get the chance to update the thread at all. Well, now I have something to update it with.

Plane landed on Friday morning, bags dropped off in the house, and straight into the garage to get the car ready for a drift day that I committed to without my car being remotely ready. But then again, its probably for the best as I would have put the skids off for ages as in my eyes, the car is never ready :D

Took it for a quick spin to pick up some tyres. f***, I cannot describe how much I missed this.

Got back home and started work.

Swapped the anti roll bars round

Got the car aligned and Mint was kind enough for me to make use of his bride, cheers man ;)

Hmmmm, completely forgot about the rear lip

Off to pick it up....with a few stops in between

Found these random wheels at mints house. He said I can have a set :p. Just need some tyres stretched on and arches pulled to f***. :smash:

Car felt great apart from one thing.....the clutch. At one point following a clutch kick, the revs just stayed where they were.....so that made me unhappy one night before a drift day.... Oh well! Will just have to deal with it.

Got back home pretty late, packed all the s@3! and got a few hours of sleep. Its amazing how easy it is to get up for drifting in the morning.

Drive was great, and really comfortable even with gammy alignment that was done with some fishing line. :)

The tyres did their thing once again. Good thing I didnt get any new arches. Why bother? :D Need some springs asap.

Car felt brilliant all day. Apart from the clutch issue, which was pretty annoying at times as the car was straightening up as it started to slip. I must say that at first I was unsure about the slipping clutch. I havent driven the car in so long, and Ive actually forgotten what the clutch used to feel like. But My doubts have been confirmed when i dropped the clutch in 6th gear, and the revs just stayed up. So the clutch its pretty close to its death.
But anyway, skids!! Engine felt awesome! Got my power back at last!! Only running 0.45bar this weekend just to play it safe.

Suspension felt awesome!!! Just need some stiffer springs for the front as the 12kg ones on the front are just plain s@3!.

Definitely an improvement from last season. Didnt go too retarded either. Took it pretty easy all day.

Got a few videos

http://youtu.be/FtV2unXN9Pk

http://youtu.be/6PShXl8Y6JI

http://youtu.be/mKJH-s7R26Y

http://youtu.be/QBZW058_tPg

http://youtu.be/Iuvu_Bia73M

Decided to call it a day early as I got the feel for the car again, found out what needed to be changed and pretty much incident free.

So a few small tweaks left to do before I take it back out again. Bring on Finalboss!

Trd Shane
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Trd Shane » Wed May 07, 2014 7:44 pm

:D quality car hopefully I'll be joining the turbo club as soon as these parts arrive
:D
"If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem"

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:19 pm

aw man this makes me miss aberdeen! Awesome looking car, hopefully i'll get mine to atleast half as nice as yours

starletburkie
Trc Off

Postby starletburkie » Sat May 10, 2014 8:27 am

Love this car! Used and abused! Can you point me in the right direction for some steering knuckles for extra lock? For road use

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:24 am

So...As usual, the day off on Friday was spent working on cars again.

Got tyres fitted to these

Destroyed the driveway while trying to get into the garage to do some arch rolling

Quick test fit and voila.... No need to do anything. :smokin:

Had to be done. 10j et20 on the front...

Could definitely get away with another 20mm spacer on the rear.

Swapped the wheels I had on the rear to the front. Just need to get some decent tyres fitted to them at some point.

Yes..... That is Jites....washing his car....Shocking!!!

Finally got all our cars together in once place

Decided to take some pictures since this is probably the only time it will happen before we create a shower of purple and white fibreglass.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 am

starletburkie wrote:Love this car! Used and abused! Can you point me in the right direction for some steering knuckles for extra lock? For road use

Guy called daveo on here makes the knuckles I drew up a while ago. Drop him a pm, I think he is still selling them.

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”