So i finally decided to keep track of the things im doing to the car as it is slowly getting out of control
First off, i got the car back in August from London. The owner before me brought it over from Ireland so its been in the club since it first came to UK.
Here are some pictures from when i first got it. Some of you might have seen them being posted in my intro a while back.
Sorry, these are the earliest pictures taken from the forum advert. http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06555.jpghttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06573.jpghttp://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06568.jpg
The first drive, the level of happiness can not be expressed in words
And some more pictures taken later that day.
First thing that bothered me was the wheels rubbing on the arches, so the following day the car was raised a few mm until I came up with a permanent solution.
The permanent solution involved waiting until all the tyres were worn out and replacing them with narrower tyres running a bit of stretch.
Once that was done, the car was lowered even lower than before. This lasted for about a week, until my heart started breaking over the sound of the exhaust scraping on the ridiculous speed bumps around where i live. So up it goes again
I ended up with this.
And with some 5mm spacers on the rear
Havent had any rubbing of the tyres and only a few scrapes here and there on the speedbumps.
Then some problems started.
The car started to run extremely rich so that caused it to fail its MOT. In to the garage it goes...perfect excuse to change all the bits I wasnt happy with.
The solution was to have it remapped, I didn't want to go to a mapper empty handed, so I ordered some bigger injectors.
Then since the car was in the garage i decided to change the clutch release bearing. So ended up in taking the exhaust off and the intake manifold to get to the gearbox.
This once again ended up in another mission.
The cells in the cat had a massive hole in it, from the engine running rich, so out comes the cat and in goes the decat pipe. ( didnt take pictures)
While the intake manifold was off, it was given a good clean and made shiny
During the process of changing the front ball joints i had another idea of fitting some camber bushes to the rear arms...(got pretty tired of having extreme tyre wear on the inside)
that rusty arm is from another car that i have as a spare, so no need to say that the car is left outside to rust
Few other bits were done, such as a welded diff.
Kept my open diff as well incase i ever got fed up with it...doubt it i will though
Next step is taking it in for a remap and finally getting it back on the road and on the track.
The car as it currently stands
p.s. the number plate was zip tied for the MOT
Not too sure about the future plans for the car just yet, but i will keep the section updated when things do come up.