Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Once you've introduced yourself why not throw up a few pictures of your car or a project thread?
peter0991
Altezza Guru

Minty.Fresh BN Sports Altezza

Postby peter0991 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:57 pm

So i finally decided to keep track of the things im doing to the car as it is slowly getting out of control :lol:
First off, i got the car back in August from London. The owner before me brought it over from Ireland so its been in the club since it first came to UK.

Here are some pictures from when i first got it. Some of you might have seen them being posted in my intro a while back.
Sorry, these are the earliest pictures taken from the forum advert.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06555.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06573.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/ ... C06568.jpg

The first drive, the level of happiness can not be expressed in words :D

And some more pictures taken later that day.

First thing that bothered me was the wheels rubbing on the arches, so the following day the car was raised a few mm until I came up with a permanent solution.

The permanent solution involved waiting until all the tyres were worn out and replacing them with narrower tyres running a bit of stretch. :P

Once that was done, the car was lowered even lower than before. This lasted for about a week, until my heart started breaking over the sound of the exhaust scraping on the ridiculous speed bumps around where i live. So up it goes again :lol:

I ended up with this.

And with some 5mm spacers on the rear

Havent had any rubbing of the tyres and only a few scrapes here and there on the speedbumps.

Then some problems started. :? The car started to run extremely rich so that caused it to fail its MOT. In to the garage it goes...perfect excuse to change all the bits I wasnt happy with.

The solution was to have it remapped, I didn't want to go to a mapper empty handed, so I ordered some bigger injectors.

Then since the car was in the garage i decided to change the clutch release bearing. So ended up in taking the exhaust off and the intake manifold to get to the gearbox.
This once again ended up in another mission. :lol:
The cells in the cat had a massive hole in it, from the engine running rich, so out comes the cat and in goes the decat pipe. ( didnt take pictures)

While the intake manifold was off, it was given a good clean and made shiny :)

During the process of changing the front ball joints i had another idea of fitting some camber bushes to the rear arms...(got pretty tired of having extreme tyre wear on the inside)

that rusty arm is from another car that i have as a spare, so no need to say that the car is left outside to rust :lol:

Few other bits were done, such as a welded diff.

Kept my open diff as well incase i ever got fed up with it...doubt it i will though :)

Next step is taking it in for a remap and finally getting it back on the road and on the track.

The car as it currently stands

p.s. the number plate was zip tied for the MOT

Not too sure about the future plans for the car just yet, but i will keep the section updated when things do come up.
Last edited by peter0991 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Re: Another addition to the club- White turbo altezza

Postby tezza mick » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Welcome along ,i remember her over here alright.

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Class car love the wheels and the stance on it now sits perfect! Two members from here had it in Ireland think it was in cork last young lad called dempsy had it!

Sweet car hope she goes well for you!
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

I love the exterior of the car as it is. Doubt it will change at all from now on.

lakers
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lakers » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 pm

great looking car, any plans for a dyno pull to see what hp shes putting down :D
To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 pm

Yea man, im taking it to get mapped sometime next month. So will have it on a dyno then :D

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 am

love this car man! look good with those monster wheels lol

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Protok » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice Altezza :mrgreen:

Curious, which turbo kit does it have on it? How does it pull?

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Protok wrote:Nice Altezza :mrgreen:

Curious, which turbo kit does it have on it? How does it pull?

Cheers buddy, its got the Greddy turbo kit on it, running 0.5 bar. I cant compare it to a standard altezza because i have never driven one. But i happened to time it once doing 0-60, was around 6-6.5 seconds. For now its more than enough power for me :lol: . It feels like the turbo adds a bit of low end torque to the car, it gets a kick around 3k and you get another kick from the cams changing around 5k. I must say that i never taken it over 7k rpm because the injector duty started to get in to 90% region :( . So hopefully with the new injectors and a remap i will have a totally different car :P

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Nicely done bro, very nice looking tezz :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Nice, Clean and simple,, I think the guy in Ireland that used have it was Eric, If you search back along the site. :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Had some time to spare this weekend and decided to have the oil catch tank fitted.

Went to B&Q, got some T-brackets and drilled them out to get the holes in the right place. This is the result

Thought of something while i was doing it though... has anyone put a breather tank on the other pipe that goes straight into the manifold?
And what would happen if these pipes weren't gonna get routed back into the intake, but vented into the atmosphere? Surely they are there just for the emission reduction purposes? :?

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Mon May 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Nice car and cool build thread, would be good to see what power it is.

Keep meaning to fit a catch can too, gonna probly not pipe any of it back to the intake though. There is a value way valve on the one directly into the manifold so I doubt much oil gets through but will probly block the manifold and pipe it to the catch can and hen to atmosphere.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Thats what i thought about, getting a t-joint and having both pipes running into one tank. And slap one of these on the outlet of the catch tank
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-AIR ... 1759wt_985
Then just block off the holes the pipes used to run to.

You should do it, doesn't take that long. I used the existing mounting points and knocked the bracket up in 15 minutes.

peter0991
Altezza Guru

Postby peter0991 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

So the past two days have been very successful. Got her through the mot on Friday, and made my way over to Dartmouth to get dyno'ed and mapped.

I dont know who had her mapped before me, but the Steve from FC Tuning was not impressed with the map.
Straightaway he solved the injector problem i have had since February and towards the end of the session she was pushing around 264bhp at the flywheel @0.5bar. Il put the dyno sheets up later so you can see a comparison between a good map and a bad map.
So at last she is driveable and all is left is a timing belt change and she will be ready for some track time.
It is a completely different car now, i must admit i was even a little scared when i got in after the dyno run. The engine response and power delivery was unbelievable...what was i driving before?!? :lol:

Return to “Member's Cars / Projects”