Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Inconel Bends for Exhaust Manifold

Have a part for sale? Put it in here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Inconel Bends for Exhaust Manifold

Postby Tosh21 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:04 am

Got a ton of inco bends kicking about and need rid as they are just taking up space. Heres the ebay ad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/18189075371 ... CA:GB:1123

I avoid using it for a turbo though, I made an inco turbo manifold out of this stuff before and it kept blowing up :( Just make sure you get someone with some exhaust knowledge to make it or if you make it yourself give me a shout and I'll talk you through the important bits of working with this stuff or it can go horribly wrong very easily

Protok
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Inconel Bends for Exhaust Manifold

Postby Protok » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 am

I'm curious why did the manifold keep blowing up?
Iconel can normally handle heat extremely well.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Inconel Bends for Exhaust Manifold

Postby Tosh21 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:40 am

I think It's just too thin for a turbo and soft engine mounts probably didn't help. I used to work at SSTT making f1, indycar, wrc manifolds which were obviously inconel and the f1 and indycar stuff was 0.7-0.9 but they only did 2 or 3 races before getting binned. The oval track stuff used to only do one race IIRC, during development they literally blew up because the pressures in each primary were different even though it was equal length. WRC stuff has to be more reliable so it tends to be 1.6-2mm thick. This tube was used on a GTE car so they did 24 hour races on N/A V8s so it should be good for any N/A tezzas

Return to “Parts for sale”