Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Exhaust manifolds, backboxes and general fab

Have a part for sale? Put it in here
Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Exhaust manifolds, backboxes and general fab

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Not sure which part to put this into but i thought this was best. I've been fabricating stuff for a while now and made a few altezza bits so I thought you guys might be interested in some stuff as it's quite difficult to find.

Here are some pics of a turbo manifold I made for my RS200 recently. Running it N/A at the moment but it feels a bit quicker which is nice.

I will get a drawing made up and get the flanges watercut. It would also be helpful if you could provide me with the turbo you will be running so I can have the manifold finish in a good place to fit your turbo to grantee it will all fit nicely. If not, I will use mine as a guide which is very similar size to a TD04. I would also need the turboflange to weld onto the manifold. Again this can be watercut if you can provide me with the turbo I can measure the flange and get it cut.

I also made the rest of the exhaust for someone on the forum. Some pics

Close up of some of my welding

Manifolds I will make by copying mine. I can make a backbox which will bolt onto your standard system but I will need a backbox to make a jig off of and they will all fit straight on. Can't make to fit to mine as mine is fully custom.

Located in oxfordshire/banbury way but can post if cost is covered. Can do cash or paypal.

costs are £150 for a backbox
Manifold, looking at £800. Manifolds can be knocked to £700 if I have a few orders because I can sub assemble a lot of it. Also, bends are a bit cheaper if ordered in bulk.

Everything TIG welded and stainless steel. Also made to order. Backbox will take a week and manifolds, 2-3 weeks . Can do full systems also, PM if interested.

The prices are for 304 stainless which is ok for a low boost set up but if you are looking at 400+hp I would recomend using 321 stainless. 304 will probably be ok and should last but 321 is very good at high heat however it is a bit more expensive so for a manifold with 20 ish bends, even £5 a bend extra quickly adds up. It is entirely up to you what material. There is also inconel which is the best material out there but you'd be looking at 3k.

If I get a decent interest I will obviously donate to the site.
Last edited by Tosh21 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermit
Trc Off

Re: Exhaust manifolds and backboxes

Postby hermit » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Made the down pipe and exhaust for me for my altezza. Top class quality of work and welding. Couldn't recommend Tosh enough if any one on here need anything made, you won't be disappointed.And he's a proper sound lad too :lol:

twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:58 pm

im after a manifold for a gt2871rs. with an external wastegate port
and possibly the top section of the downpipe with the turbo flange.
i am making a straight through exhaust for my td04 altezza but i will be fitting the new turbo and wastegate when i get my new job.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 pm

hermit wrote:Made the down pipe and exhaust for me for my altezza. Top class quality of work and welding. Couldn't recommend Tosh enough if any one on here need anything made, you won't be disappointed.And he's a proper sound lad too :lol:

Cheers lad.

I made a backbox for my mate with an evo recenty. Standard system with a decat pipe and one of my backboxes fitted.

Here's a vid so you can hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCdKM47lXAQ

Sounds pretty nice and deep, not too loud either. Haven't heard it being ragged but he says it sounds good and his neighbors don't complain that it's too loud anymore which is always good!

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi mate.

Could you make 2.5 stainless intercooler piping i need it for a charged lexus is200 im building.

You could just copy your own piping bends as there basically the same setup but we can go over it if you are interested in doing.

Thanks.

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Postby Tosh21 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Been trying to find a way a way to make these cheaper, faster and easier so I'm going to get a kit from icengineworks which makes making manifolds much easier this means all I need is the manifold flange (which I can get cut after a deposit is paid as they cost £100 for one) and the turbo flange you plan to run.

I will then make a collector to fit the flange, make the Stubbs on the flange and come to wherever you are (some contribution for fuel) with all the kit. Mount the Stubbs and build it up with the plastic kit until the positioning is just right. Put the collector on the end and you will know exactly where the turbo will sit.

The bits are exactly an inch long so it makes it very easy to measure the length of the runners. Can then design a manifold with as equal runners as possible or as unequal as possible should you want that lovely Subaru type burble.

I can do everything for £700+ fuel depending how far you are away. Can also do n/a manifolds if you want to go down that way. Same price as they use as many bends.

It isn't just exhausts though I can do anything if I have a decent enough drawing with dimensions or I can make it fit my car if you have the same setup.

Steel, stainless, Ali, you name it. My manifold is inconel which is as exotic as you get for exhausts so even the really expensive materials I'm good with.

Have also done a tiny bit of titanium

NathanMcbeath16
Noob!

Re: Exhaust manifolds, backboxes and general fab

Postby NathanMcbeath16 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Is the exhaust still for sale:)?

Tosh21
Altezza Guru

Re: Exhaust manifolds, backboxes and general fab

Postby Tosh21 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Not at the moment I'm afraid, work is far too busy right now

Return to “Parts for sale”