Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Manifold jingle

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
moomoo
Altezza Guru

Re: Manifold jingle

Postby moomoo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:58 pm

tezzasligo wrote:well dude iv same problem. in ur manifold there is a plate that cracks in time uv to cut ur mani in half afer it goes into 1 and weld the plate if not scrap it and buy trd one it wont crack

Nice one, thats what I wanted to know. Probably get it fixed for now

tezzasligo
Trc On!

Postby tezzasligo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 am

moomoo wrote:
tezzasligo wrote:well dude iv same problem. in ur manifold there is a plate that cracks in time uv to cut ur mani in half afer it goes into 1 and weld the plate if not scrap it and buy trd one it wont crack

Nice one, thats what I wanted to know. Probably get it fixed for now

no prob dude glad to help
THE MATES AND ME 2 GOOD OLD TOYOTAS 1 MITSUBISHI COMBINED 950BHP

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 pm

thread resurrection!

I really wish I had searched the forum for 'exhaust jingle' rather than 'exhaust rattle' as then I would have found this thread and not had to live with *the* most annoying noise for 6 months!

Just like the OP I initially though it was the exhaust manifold but couldn't hear any noise when I took it off. Since then I've swapped the power steering pump, tensioner, air con pump, had the gearbox off to check the clutch and flywheel (as well as all the heat shields and that).

But it just kept getting worse! :evil:

Eventually I found this thread and thought I'd add something for everyone else that will have this problem with the HKS 4-1.

Here's a pic of the exhaust chopped in half:

And here is the view inside the exhaust where you can clearly see the plate has come away from its welds:

Anyway is off to be TIG welded now so hopefully it'll be nice and quiet when back on (until the next thing happens!) :D

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm

not a very good flow with that plate there as it's got a blunt edge, tbh would take it out and leave it as wouldn't happen again :lol:

don't see the point of that plate either as it's a 4-1 anyway :roll:

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:22 am

Cheers Mike, I did end up taking the plate out. When I oroginally posted it had already gone up to be welded but once back on the car there was still a slight rattle - cos they had only welded the end they could get to :roll: so I took the plate out and had it welded again.

1999 RS200Z Blue. Kakimoto Exhaust, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, TODA Racing Flywheel, Tein Coilovers, Advans RG Alloys, TRD shortshift, Räzo knob, Nardi Classic Steering Wheel, Recaro seat, Walboro GSS342, Power Enterprise air filter.
Coming soon: Rotrex C30-64 Supercharger, Caldina GT-T Injectors, Power FC

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Thought as much, what's it like now, better?
at least it won't go again :lol:

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Much better... Although without the exhaust noise I'm noticing other noises now :lol:

townie
Trc Off

Postby townie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi All I have been having that same jigle sound on acceleration , sounds like little tinker bells could'nt find the source but i think you could be right manifold my altezza has standard I want to replace from manifold back to cat anybody have a place to source these parts out tired of dealing with this jingle driving me mad cheers :cry:

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Standard manifold and downpipe is around 50euro. Got mine of a guy in clare, he usually has an ad on donedeal for bteaking altezzas

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”