Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

PLEASE HELP !!!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
gavd84
Noob!

PLEASE HELP !!!

Postby gavd84 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:08 pm

my car is stalling when im stopped and in drive. sometimes it cuts out when going really slow. also the revs jump to 2000 when in neutral. it starts up straight away every time and continues to drive if i rev it slightly in neutral first the bang it in drive. i dont think im getting full power either.
i changed the cam shaft sensor, map sensor, serviced it, took apart the carb and cleaned it thoroughly and also checked all the coils are working.
2 mechanics and a computer diagnostics have been unable to help me which means the only option is lexus which i dont want to do cause they will charge a bomb.
its a beams 2000 '99 altezza AS
please if you had similar problems let me know im desperate
cheers
gav

don-37
Noob!

Re: PLEASE HELP !!!

Postby don-37 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:59 am

Had a few guys down here who had similar problems The problem was every time a dirty throttle body and or dirty map sensor or dirty/worn O2 (lambda) sensor
Donald-37

dsymonette
Noob!

Re: PLEASE HELP !!!

Postby dsymonette » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm

I had a similar problem not quite as bad but I found that you need to de-carbonize the engine as well as clean out the Throttle body and plenum.

I bought 3 Cans of Gunk Carb Medic and 2 Bottles of Seafoam (White Can with Red writing Pour Can). Took the air cleaner out and throttle body off and used the card medic to wash down the Throttle Body. Sprayed the carb medic into the plenum opening where the throttle body was mounted. Once I had a good bit in there I started the engine and you will have to press the gas as the engine will want to stall while doing this. Keep the engine going until she starts to idle normally (or as normal as it was prior to spraying the carb medic in the plenum). Do this 2 or 3 times. Put the throttle body back on and the Air cleaner box back in.

To de-carbonize the engine take a vacum line off the Brake booster or anyone that will spray across the top of the valve train and with the engine running pour about half the bottle into the vacum line. The engine will want to sputter and stall so you might have to manually push the throttle open from the throttle body in the engine bay. You will see alot of white smoke come out the exhaust when this clears up your good. If you want repeat with the other half of the bottle. Make sure you do this in a well ventilated open area as the exhaust will want to choke you. If need be get in the car close the doors and windows until all the smoke clears.

You might want to check your Mass Air Flow sensor and clean it as well while your doing all this.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”