Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Driver Window Problem

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Lightning
Trc Off

Driver Window Problem

Postby Lightning » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:07 am

When I press the button to auto-wind up the driver's window, it goes right up and sometimes comes half way back down. Other times, it goes up automatically and stays up; however, other times it comes back down hlaf way. Does anyone know why this happens?Any help would be appreciated.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: Driver Window Problem

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:25 am

I think that you have to reset it, this has been discussed here on the board, did you try searching for it?

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Seen a few people on other forums with the same problem and apparently if the window motor has not been taken off the regulator this should work -

Turn on your Ignition.
Open your window half way down (approximate)
Press and hold the auto-up button until window closes.
Continue holding the button for a few seconds and release.
Confirm it works by testing the auto-up/down window button

If that doesn't work, the motor needs to be reset, but give that a go first

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 am

Your suggestion seems to have worked so lots of thanks 'raffo'. Just out of curiousity though, do you know why it happens, and when I followed your instructions, what exactly happened to fix this issue?

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:33 pm

The exact reasons i'm not sure on. It's to do with resetting the window motor so it knows where the ''fully closed'' position is. Apparently it happens a lot for people that have had to have the glass replaced. But the exact causes or reasons i wouldn't be so sure on.
Glad it worked for you tho :)

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks a lot for the help 'raffo'.

lackneramanda
Trc On!

Postby lackneramanda » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 am

Lightning wrote:When I press the button to auto-wind up the rear window louver, it goes right up and sometimes comes half way back down. Other times, it goes up automatically and stays up; however, other times it comes back down hlaf way. Does anyone know why this happens?Any help would be appreciated.

the drivers power window of my 96 camry will not operate any of the other windows. the door locks will work,all of the other windows work at that their switches. checked for power at the master switch and i dont find any power coming to the master switch. checked the pink fuse behind the panel,its ok. checked between the door for a broken wire it looks ok. . just dont seem to have any power feed to the switch or should there not be any. thanks for any help.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”