Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Fitting Child Seat ?? HELP!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Fitting Child Seat ?? HELP!

Postby wullie_trd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Trying to find a seat to fit in the car has been a nightmare ....... Mothercare say the seatbeltt buckles are too long or something :? and the clip is touching the plastic of the child seat .

Ive heard about isofix points in the back. Is this true ????

Basically i want the recaro seat and there is an isofix base available will it fit in the tezza.

The car is a "99" ........... dont know if that matters ?

Any help greatly appreciated ........

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Re: Fitting Child Seat ?? HELP!

Postby Altezzahead » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:34 pm

I've been down this road about the baby seat and the altezza having no isofix , i was told you could get it put in but its costly and didnt fancy someone rippin out the seats.
Get yourself a base for the baby seat and that will hold just fine. Mothercare will scare ya into thinking u need isofix but i find the base doesnt budge if strapped in tight.

Hope that helps.
:D

paul c
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby paul c » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 pm

agree with the above i have a 4 month old son and we have a base permanetely in the back seat and his chair just clips in and out of it very easy

i will be getting a recaro when he is older to match my set cant wait ha ha

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Never tried using it but my seats have little isofix tags on them. Always wondered how it fits in.

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:41 pm

paul c wrote:agree with the above i have a 4 month old son and we have a base permanetely in the back seat and his chair just clips in and out of it very easy

i will be getting a recaro when he is older to match my set cant wait ha ha

That is the stage im at now .......... My son is 15 months and im moving him up to a bigger seat.

Ive had him in a chair that was with the base like you say ..... no probs.....

Problem is finding a front facing seat . Ive tried the recaro like you say and that was the one i had probs fitting.

http://www.recaro-cs.com/fileadmin/CONT ... gSport.pdf

SCROLL DOWN TO PICTURE 5.1 ................. This is the problem i encountered ..... Like the bit of the seatbelt with the buckle is to long

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Does anyone know how to remove rear seat to look for isofix points ???

zap branigan
Trc Off

Postby zap branigan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:39 pm

ive got this problem on my 2001 is. Im just going to make some at work and bolt them though the metel bulkhead problem sloved :D

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:02 pm

wullie_trd wrote:Does anyone know how to remove rear seat to look for isofix points ???

The bottom part just clicks in n out. The back part has bolts holding it in and to remove the back piece you gotta take the rear speaker cover off.

I have a 1.5yr son and i got em a front facing seat. I put his seat in the middle of the back seat. The seat I got him has like 3 diff saving devices. It has the regular seat belt, where u put the seat belt thru the car seat to hold it in place. It also has the belt that is supposed to hook somewhere in the back by the rear speakers. And it has 2 hooks that hook up somewhere in the bottom part of the seat. I use those 2 hooks and hook them to the hangers that attach the back part of the seat to the car. If you look in between the bottom n back seat you can see them. If you need some pics let me know. Hope this helps.

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:21 pm

99tezza wrote:
wullie_trd wrote:Does anyone know how to remove rear seat to look for isofix points ???

The bottom part just clicks in n out. The back part has bolts holding it in and to remove the back piece you gotta take the rear speaker cover off.

I have a 1.5yr son and i got em a front facing seat. I put his seat in the middle of the back seat. The seat I got him has like 3 diff saving devices. It has the regular seat belt, where u put the seat belt thru the car seat to hold it in place. It also has the belt that is supposed to hook somewhere in the back by the rear speakers. And it has 2 hooks that hook up somewhere in the bottom part of the seat. I use those 2 hooks and hook them to the hangers that attach the back part of the seat to the car. If you look in between the bottom n back seat you can see them. If you need some pics let me know. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate ...... a couple of pics would be much appreciated!

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm

No Prob. I'll take some tomorrow after I take my son to school n load
Em up here.

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:44 pm

this picture is the right side of the back seat. its all the same on the other side. i push down on the baby's seat and tighten the safety belt until the baby's seat doesnt move side to side. if you leave it too loose the seat will tip over when you turn corners. :D

see how the safety belt is attacked to the hanger. you can attach it to the hanger without removing the bottom piece...once you do it 2-3 times it'll be easier. you can find the hanger by puting you fingers in between the back and bottom part of the rear seat. but just if in case you care the bottom piece just clicks off and on.

if you need more info just let me know. hope this helps!!!

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Just to check mate

Is the bit thats connected to the hanger ........ it came with the childseat ??

Would it fit in one of the side seats? Or just middle ?

Just i have another on the way and the base for the other seat wouldnt allow enough room for it in the middle.

If so what seat is it you have?

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:47 am

yeah the safety belts came with the car seat. i'm pretty sure it would fit on one of the sides since theres 4 hangers on the back part of the rear seat, but i do know its a lil harder to get to the hangers in the corners. so if you put it in and leave it there it shouldnt be no prob. but if you have to take it in and out then you might get tired of doing it. here's a link to the car seat i have. hope this helps. let me know if you need anything else...
http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Comple ... 522&sr=8-8

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks for all your help mate!! Appreciated!

Gonna look into it more this weekend.

99tezza
Trc Off

Postby 99tezza » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Yep. No prob. Hope I helped.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”