Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Idling low sometimes???

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Pete
Noob!

Idling low sometimes???

Postby Pete » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

hey lads, i posted this already but i put it in the wrong place....my bad! just wondering where the best place to bring my car in Cork is? Anyone know a mechanic who'll actually be able to find out why my car is idling low?! sometimes it runs fine, other times there's a lot of vibration through the engine. i dont get this, i thought first it must be the engine but then the problem seems to fix itself for awhile! iv brought it to 2 or 3 places but they havent helped much! surely there's a mechanic somewhere who'll sort this out :? i dont mind traveling or anything but if it was in cork that would just be easier. its starting to drive me mad! any suggestions would be really appreciated :)

Pete
Noob!

Re: Idling low sometimes???

Postby Pete » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 pm

oh and it idles below the 500rpm i say! sometimes it conks. she's a moody one.

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

have a read

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7713

could be a few things but if you can rule a few out yourself it should make it easier to find

Pete
Noob!

Postby Pete » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

yeah i read it and got the throttle body cleaned and the air sensor checked, got new plugs put in. still runs very rough. she's startin to 'chug' now when im stopped but the revs can be fine when this happens :? !!

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm

coilpack?

Pete
Noob!

Postby Pete » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 pm

hmmmm, not a 100 precent sure if that was checked? sound job!

lucan82
Noob!

Postby lucan82 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:42 am

Hi there,
any actual solution for your problem? I have a similar problem...but it started after I removed the battery terminal to fix up a stereo HU. It idled roughly and dies off. After I let the car sit there for sometime, the problem goes away by itself. Then the next day I removed again the battery terminal again. Then the same thing happened again...rough idling. The engine revs high and low and then will die off due to overly low RPM.
I don't know where to look for this solution and saw a few thread having similar rough idling symptom so I just post here and there to get some reply. Hope there's someone has a solution. Thanks!

cal1985
Noob!

Postby cal1985 » Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Hie Lads.had a similar problem aswell.but we found out the throttle body wil not be responding to the opening valve on the spring inside.get a mechanic to open it up and adjust it for u..mine now works perfect after that

lucan82
Noob!

Postby lucan82 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 am

Cal, thanks for the info. Will check on it

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby nenaghcorolla » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:37 am

after the battery is disconnected the ecu resets and the car will idle really rough until the car learns again...usually takes a few hours

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”