Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Broken again

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Robin H
Southern England Rep

Re: Broken again

Postby Robin H » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Sh!t out sorry to hear that

Could you fit another head on providing there's no damage to the pistons or bores ?

There's a member selling an engine and gear box on here if not
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Ah !@#$%^&* :evil:
I am really sorry to hear that, wish you could get it sorted out :(
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Sorry to hear Noel. If they you can pick up a 2nd engine I think its your best bet, other wise what you did last year will be more or less what you will do doing again (money wise). You will never have a right engine especially when it has been striped twice & considering the mileage on the engine.

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Mmm... Engines ain't cheap , lowest quote so far is 800 euro :( fitting it is approx 400 , thats 1200 quid to fix a car that'll be 11 years old in just over a month ... Would I make much scrapping it for parts?

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 am

Maybe put an add up on done deal, as is where is & see if there's interest in a rolling body. Someone looking to drop an SR20 or 13B into an Altezza might be keen?

You must be one of the most unlucky Altezza owners in the world mate. I feel for ya :(

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Noel wrote:Mmm... Engines ain't cheap , lowest quote so far is 800 euro :( fitting it is approx 400 , thats 1200 quid to fix a car that'll be 11 years old in just over a month ... Would I make much scrapping it for parts?

could be an option to get the ball rolling
http://www.tezzaworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7555
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:05 pm

Robin H wrote:
Noel wrote:Mmm... Engines ain't cheap , lowest quote so far is 800 euro :( fitting it is approx 400 , thats 1200 quid to fix a car that'll be 11 years old in just over a month ... Would I make much scrapping it for parts?

could be an option to get the ball rolling
http://www.tezzaworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7555

Seen it, but he wants a manual engine only, thanks anyway :)

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Ya €1200 is a still a bit expensive, but its in around the going rate, because there a hard enough engine to come by. Its a bit of hassle selling the parts separate but probably the only way to go. Like E910 said someone could be looking for a shell, I would sell the exhaust, interior and gearbox separate, if someone is looking for a shell there not going to be looking for them bits. I think if you repair it are you ever going to have faith in it again?

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Are you stuck for a car :!: , If your not i'd leave it till after xmass then decide what you want to do with it.
If it was my car i'd fix it. €1200 is alot of money BUT its not bad money when you break it down. .
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Damok wrote:Are you stuck for a car :!: , If your not i'd leave it till after xmass then decide what you want to do with it.
If it was my car i'd fix it. €1200 is alot of money BUT its not bad money when you break it down. .

Got the loan of a friends 1999 Hyundai coupe for a week or more so no real panic , will decide shortly what to do , kind of sick of it so might just sell it off cheap and be done with it....

@Evelyn, didn't go to Japfest this year because I had lost trust in it after last time, breaking down far from home is a nightmare ...

Cheers everyone :)

P.D.87RWD
Altezza Guru

Postby P.D.87RWD » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:48 pm

It's hard to know what to do...You prob spotted this on donedeal already fella in Kerry selling Complete head for €150 but you prob want to get engine handy.. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1663928

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:14 pm

P.D.87RWD wrote:It's hard to know what to do...You prob spotted this on donedeal already fella in Kerry selling Complete head for €150 but you prob want to get engine handy.. http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carextras/1663928

Ya thanks, thought about it but with labour charges and gaskets, seals etc would probably end up as costly ... probably stick up a fews ads and see if there is any interest .... :?

P.D.87RWD
Altezza Guru

Postby P.D.87RWD » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Would it be a hugh amount of work to convert over to a manual if someone wanted to or would it be just a pointless idea for a project..anyway best of luck what ever you do with it noel.

DeckieBoy
Trc Off

Postby DeckieBoy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

sorry to hear about that lad, ive a manuall tezza and reading through your posts it looks as if mine is goin down the same path, its a faint tickin nockin noise after awhile , stearing wheel vibrates da odd time, sounds as if its coming from the transmission back on mine, must get it checked. Hope everythin works out for ya lad
1st gear.....2nd gear......3rd gear........... WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO

Damok

Postby Damok » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm

I think you'd be mad to sell it as is Noel. . I dont really know you or if your really into cars, But if you didnt want to fix it, Would you not keep it as a project car, swap the engine perhaps :!:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”