Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Problems, Problems, Problems...

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Sub-Z
Tezza Fanatic!

Problems, Problems, Problems...

Postby Sub-Z » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Ok so i FINALLY got an Altezza on staurday just gone that i like which was running fine until today. And now the problems have started to rear its ugly head.

1. The front seal on the gearbox is gone so its leaking gearbox oil, clutch hasnt started slipping yet. Im also told id be better off replacing the clutch aswell???

2. Fuel gauge...First it was stuck then it started moving only on starting the car. And now it only goes down when i turn the car off and back on again to see how much fuel ive been using.

3. Car wont start all of a sudden since this eve and when it did it cut out on my mechanic when he was driving it, check engine light etc came up on it.

Can anyone shed light on these problems or if they've had them before and the cost to put them right?? Ive never had any of these problems in my last Tezza all i done was drive it!!! :?
Only God Can Judge Me

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: Problems, Problems, Problems...

Postby E910 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Labour will be the killer on changing the gearbox seal. I'd have a look at the clutch while you're in there to see how much life is left in it but it wouldn't be necessary to change it.

Fuel gauge is fairly common fault, there was a thread on LOC about it but I can't find it ATM. I think it's the float gets stuck under a hose in the tank. I know mine did after I changed the fuel filter. Easy fix was to loosen the bolts off & turn the housing around a bit until it freed itself.

Check you alternator is charging properly & battery is charged. Modern cars don't like having flat batteries. Mine won't start with anything less than 11V in the battery.

Sub-Z
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Sub-Z » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks for the reply mate. Im at a +1 with the labour side of things as my nephew is one but odv im still gonna have to pay him etc. Hes gonna check the clutch he he takes the gearbox out.

As for the fuel gauge im gonna ask em to check that one out for me thanks.

But if it was down to the batt surely the car wouldnt cut out while driving?? That one confused me. Has been driving perfectly since i got it. CARS EH!! HA
Only God Can Judge Me

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 am

The alternator belt hasn't broken has it? If not it'll be pretty simple to test with a multi meter what voltage the alternator is putting out. You'd be surprised at the havoc a flat battery / fault alternator can cause in a modern car. Gone are the days when you could drive a car with no battery & a simple crash/push start.

Sub-Z
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Sub-Z » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Bit of an update...

The non starting/cutiing out was due to the immobiliser on the faulty alarm - problem solved.

Going to tackle the fuel tank and try sort the float next.
He's also sorting out the front seal on the gear box. Anybody know what price these are from toyota??
Only God Can Judge Me

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Sounds lke your sorting the problems bit by bit dude, Happy days...
Any pics of the car :?:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:49 pm

hopefully it will be the last of the problems lad!!!

a new lad joined p works as a parts man for toyota in donegal sure he'd know try pm him
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:19 pm

As said the fuel issue is more than likely just the float, had someone pm me on another site with a few tezza issues and that was one of them. He had, as said, just done the fuel pump as well and it was sorted when he went back in and checked it out

Oh and pics please :D
300 rwhp thanks to

Sub-Z
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Sub-Z » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks lads...finally gettin on top of things slowly but surely. Jus get the gearbox sorted now and ill be a happy chap.
Car needs a good wax and a sunny day ill have pics n spec up asap!
Only God Can Judge Me

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”