Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

abs, trc not workin warning lights on need advice and help

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
danmc
Trc Off

abs, trc not workin warning lights on need advice and help

Postby danmc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:00 pm

I had this prob about a month ago whilst driving the abs light came on and the trc light started flashing. while driving i turned off the car and back on this solved the problem for a while. the button doesnt solve prob.

THE prob returned about a week ago and ive reset ecu by disconnecting battery few times on and off.
I took out the abs sensors and cleaned them.
I CHECKED THE ABS FUSE. I DISCONNECTED THE abs meter and relay and reconected.
I have a diagnostics reader plugged her into the obd didn show anything!!!

NOTHING HAS SOLVED THE PROB, has anyone come across this problem before???? if you have any advice i would be greatfull

I DONT REALLY MIND THE TRC LIGHT FLASHING BECAUSE THE TRC IS CONSTANTLY OFF, this doesnt bother me as i drive all the time with the trc off but its having no abs and a very soft peddle that is worrying me. btw i have checked brake lines and reserve evrything there is ok and all brakes are working
Ya cant piss on what ya cant catch!!!!!!!

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: abs, trc not workin warning lights on need advice and help

Postby rnd_audio » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:53 pm

you may get it plugged in to see whats what in the abs ecu, might be as little as a sensor or something alot more expensive, the fact that the peddal is soft it weird, electronics wont cause this.???

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 am

Could be something as simple as you're low on brake fluid. Check the reservoir level. But like rnd_audio said it could be something more serious like the ABS pump/module. A flashing TRC light normally means a faulty sensor but the soft pedal could be anything from a leaking line to the booster.
You shouldn't really be driving it in this condition. Get it looked at by a mechanic asap!
Last edited by E910 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

danmc
Trc Off

Postby danmc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 am

ah shel be grand the pedal isnt that soft just travels a slight bit more than usual. brake fluid is grand. for about the last month before the abs light came on the wheels used to lock just before it stopped goin less than 5kph
Ya cant piss on what ya cant catch!!!!!!!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”