Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

car will die soon????

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Re: car will die soon????

Postby mlcoolj » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 am

Nooooooooo I hope you don't get rid of the car! See if you can get a flywheel for a good price.. hope you get it sorted!

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 am

i have found recondition flywheel in ballina,maybe will be any good!
400 euro + taking my old one :!:
do it once and do it right !!!

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Sounds a little dear but I am not sure

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 pm

ok we have got everything,release bearing,clutch disk,cover,flywheel(reconditioned)
all parts fited,gear box in place,looks like job done-START engine,sound good,i didnt hear any strange noises,push a clutch pedal(again sound good)checking gears-all working fine,ready to move>>>>>and FU** clutch too low(release pedal just a little bit,and car moving :shock: ,test drive-feels like after its been put in the gear,but when release clutch sounds like(rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)i didnt put any gear :shock:
maybe i have bleeding a clutch?(but i think no air in system) :(
or just clutch fitted WRONG???

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:14 am

Evelyn wrote:Sounds a little dear but I am not sure

yes for me its dear a little bit,but we have no choice,we need car before Monday .(flywheel looks same as original one,just its not dual mass ,its a solid one)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 am

so when you try to put it in gear it grinds?? Try bleeding it maybe there is air in the system...

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 am

mlcoolj wrote:so when you try to put it in gear it grinds?? Try bleeding it maybe there is air in the system...

have it done last nite,grinds only on 1st gear(rest gear fine) when trying realise clutch slowly,but when realise qiuckly with good amount rpm no grinding (but kicking tyres)

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:24 am

if it is what I think it is, then it would be common to Altezza's with a new clutch.. I think someone had this happen to them on here... someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:53 pm

just back from garage-mechanic said rattle niose-not a bearing(new bearing and clutch, fitted yesterday) its a gearbox fu**,and his don't reccomend me to buy a second hand one-the best option -RECONDITION gearbox,and i will have warranty :(
oops!!!this is huge impact for my money wallet :shock:
BUT MAYBE ANY ONE KNOW J 160 GEARBOX FROM LEXUS IS 200 WILL FIT ALTEZZA??????

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Ring this lad: 087 6371111 RE Auto in Maynooth (Dave) He was breaking an altezza a while ago, might still have the gearbox, i have a gear box from a breaker in mine, works fine :wink:

Alex-evita wrote:oops!!!this is huge impact for my money wallet :shock:

He's not expensive either :D

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok guys!car not DEAD!!!still breading!! :D clutch little bit hard,but we start like it.strange noises in gearbox annoying but will be sorted some time(no money for this moment,i hope we not stop somewhere :? )
my comments about altezza-FU****G EXPENSIVE PARTS :evil: AND TO MANY SENSORS :evil:
THANKS EVERYONE FOR HELP!!!

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:31 am

Your current problem could be that the clutch kit you have is to suit the duel mass flywheel & not the solid one you've put in. You'll need the appropriate clutch kit to suit like I said earlier.
Are there any part numbers off the clutch kit you used to help identify whether or not its the correct one?

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 am

E910 wrote:Your current problem could be that the clutch kit you have is to suit the duel mass flywheel & not the solid one you've put in. You'll need the appropriate clutch kit to suit like I said earlier.
Are there any part numbers off the clutch kit you used to help identify whether or not its the correct one?

part number is- exedy organic disk-TD02H,cover TC06T,bearing BRG922,flywheel look same as old one

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 am

What about the spigot bearing that holds the nose of the gearbox shaft?? Did you fit a new one? Was there one in the old flywheel or is it held in the crankshaft?

..and is the thrust bearing in correctly??

A new clutch should always take up down low and as it wears it take up higher and higher, but it shouldn't allow first gear or reverse to grind. It sounds like something is not pushing the pressure plate far enough forward.

If bleeding it again does not fix it I'm afraid you will need more chocolate and coffee!!! It will have to come out while you check everything carefully.

Any idea what the flywheel weighs?? That's an Exedy "solid" flywheel OK, not a dual-mass like Toyota produced, and most of the guys down here get them lightened from 15kg down to 7kg. That makes a good difference in acceleration in the first two gears!

luckyfrank
Trc Off

Postby luckyfrank » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 pm

lanigan wrote:Ring this lad: 087 6371111 RE Auto in Maynooth (Dave) He was breaking an altezza a while ago, might still have the gearbox, i have a gear box from a breaker in mine, works fine :wink:

Alex-evita wrote:oops!!!this is huge impact for my money wallet :shock:

He's not expensive either :D

Lanigan is this guy ok, im looking for a throttle body 'not faulty' how do i know if what im buying is faulty already ?
Rehab is for quitters

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”