Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

What to look for when buying a Tezza?

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

What to look for when buying a Tezza?

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I dunno if this should be posted here, but I didn't see a subforum for it so I'll stick it here... Like the title says... what does someone have to look for when buying a Tezza? Like timing belt changes, bushings etc?

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Re: What to look for when buying a Tezza?

Postby lanigan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 pm

First things i'd look for would be a well abused handbrake lever and a noisy power steering pump. Most altezzas get a dogs life and are sold as "mint condition" - perfect example was here last week, first posts by new member were looking for new p/s pump after it collapsing while doing rings, shortly afterwards the car was posted in the for sale section as being mint :roll:

Also, look at the person youre buying from drivers say a lot about cars :wink: so do cheap ass tyres on the back :!:

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Power steering pumps are a big thing, The fluid should be a redish colour, NOT black ish. look for wear on seats and pedels and any knocking when you hit a bump. Look at cars that are well low some times its just cut springs. As for cheap as tires on the back sorry Lanigan but i wouldnt mind what tires were on it BUT i know what your trying to say..
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Damok wrote:As for cheap as tires on the back sorry Lanigan but i wouldnt mind what tires were on it BUT i know what your trying to say..

Im talking about Wanli/Sunny/LingLong etc, ones you wouldnt buy if you werent planning on them being gone off the car in a very short period of time or else youre cutting corners, and if you're willing to put that crap on the most important axle to save money i'd be questioning the approach to maintenance as well

Ive seen it sooo many times over the years, cheap parts, cheap labour (aka cowboys), extra long service intervals

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 pm

The more modified the LESS likely it has being diffed and abused, unlike what some OEM gobs**ts say. Look at lanigans car, very cool, visually heavily modified and not diffed (or so he says :wink: )

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:00 pm

lanigan wrote:
Damok wrote:As for cheap as tires on the back sorry Lanigan but i wouldnt mind what tires were on it BUT i know what your trying to say..

Im talking about Wanli/Sunny/LingLong etc, ones you wouldnt buy if you werent planning on them being gone off the car in a very short period of time or else youre cutting corners, and if you're willing to put that crap on the most important axle to save money i'd be questioning the approach to maintenance as well

Ive seen it sooo many times over the years, cheap parts, cheap labour (aka cowboys), extra long service intervals

Ah right i thought that you ment cheap tires is a car thats been diffed was was all. My bad dude..
Sorry.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Damok wrote:Ah right i thought that you ment cheap tires is a car thats been diffed was was all. My bad dude..
Sorry.

No need to apologise :D i wasnt bein thick or anythin. i know most of us dont have fancy expensive tyres anyway, i dont anyway, just meant the really cheap crap :wink:

@moomoo: things change :lol: only twice though, theyre nearly bald anyway and it was wet :D

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:50 pm

ok guys! Thx for the replies!! What if I decide to import one straight from japan instead of flying to the uk to get one? Then I won't have the chance too test the car?

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:05 pm

You will see the auction sheet, details condition of car so youre pretty safe there :wink:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Alright Lanigan thanks! so it would be safer to import one from Japan?

keithbeams
Trc On!

Postby keithbeams » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 pm

i tell ya the price the cars are going for in japan is absolutly crazy :roll: i was bidding on loads before i bought mine and the market in japan has gone mental with the prices there is really no point in importing in this market you could buy a nice altezza for cheaper then importing and you dont have to wait for the shipping and that

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:49 am

hmmm ok... interesting! you're right about the waiting time... I think I'll just fly down to the UK and get one and drive it home... anyone know a good site (beside pistonheads and here) to look foor Tezza's being offered in the UK?

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:50 am

ya I think the Yen is doing really bad so check that first. I think its almost cheaper to buy a car at home now, not sure about Holland!!!

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 pm

The Yen looks good against the Euro over here, so I'm looking online at both england and Japan...

nivek
Trc Off

Postby nivek » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 pm

go to http://www.tradecarview.com
its a japanese site . from it you could buy a mint altezza for about e4500 including shipping and vrt.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”