Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

rpm problem after abit of cleaning.

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
luckyali
Trc Off

rpm problem after abit of cleaning.

Postby luckyali » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 pm

well got my self in to the problem...car was running fine i just felt like when the car was at idle rpm (around 700 or so) she is misfiring/missing like it was very low u cudnt really feel it alot of the time.....so i went and clean the maf n the took the throttle out n cleaned it with carburetor cleaner.

throttle looked really dirty.

now the problem after cleaning i started the car the rpm straight went to 2k i thou the car is cold n after a good clean she mite take few min to get back normal.......

after 15 min i closed the car n started again now the rpm started to jump between 2k to 1500rpm n then stayed at 1500 rpm n if i drive the car n put the car in to neutral gear the rpm jumps for 2 to 3time n then go to 1k

took the ecu fuse out n efi fuse out but didnt see any difference
if the car is running and i take the maf sensor wire out the car stops so does that mean my throttle has problem or the maf???

so guys any help here

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: rpm problem after abit of cleaning.

Postby E910 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:33 am

Sounds normal for the revs to jump up to 2K when cold after cleaning the throttle body. You did give the sensor in it a good even clean? That sensor affects your idle quiet dramatically. Doesn't sound right for it not to drop back down to 700rpm once warm though. I hope you haven't damaged the sensor or MAF. You didn't use the carb clean on the MAF did you?

luckyali
Trc Off

Postby luckyali » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:14 am

E910 wrote:Sounds normal for the revs to jump up to 2K when cold after cleaning the throttle body. You did give the sensor in it a good even clean? That sensor affects your idle quiet dramatically. Doesn't sound right for it not to drop back down to 700rpm once warm though. I hope you haven't damaged the sensor or MAF. You didn't use the carb clean on the MAF did you?

what sensor??
where is that located n how do u clean that ?
i did clean the maf wit carb cleaner did it b4 aswel but she was running fine.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 am

This sensor in the throttle body

Shane M
Altezza Guru

Postby Shane M » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:16 am

Don't worry about it mate, when i first cleaned my throttle body it took about 2 hours of driving before the revs settled down again, but it will so don't worry :)

I think it's if you get too much cleaner into the back of the throttle body then it takes a while to sort itself out... I found i'ts best to spray onto a tooth brush or rag and then clean inside rather than spray directly into the throttle body, doing it this way the revs settle straight away :)

luckyali
Trc Off

Postby luckyali » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:51 pm

E910 wrote:This sensor in the throttle body

oh yea i took it out n cleaned it properly when i took the throttle out

driving it after few days she is getting back to normal.
thanks alot for the info guys

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”