Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

noise from handbrake shoes???

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
k900
Tezza Fanatic!

noise from handbrake shoes???

Postby k900 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 pm

has anyone had rattling from their handbrake shoes? if so what did u do to fix it?
didn't even know it had shoes until i took off the hub to see what the noise was :oops:
maybe evelyn has had this as one of her many noises at some stage :lol: :lol:

Evelyn

Re: noise from handbrake shoes???

Postby Evelyn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 pm

No actually I havent needed to change them yet but I might yet because the material in mine are gone hard & I have to pull the leaver to the end to get it to hold. But if there rattling its usually because theres a spring or something missing they can make a awfull racket then, you would really have to compare both sides to know what your missing

Abaddon
Trc On!

Postby Abaddon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:10 am

Evelyn wrote:No actually I havent needed to change them yet but I might yet because the material in mine are gone hard & I have to pull the leaver to the end to get it to hold. But if there rattling its usually because theres a spring or something missing they can make a awfull racket then, you would really have to compare both sides to know what your missing

Have you tried adjusting the friction point of the handbrake from under the car where the single cable splits into two? Mine was very high and there was quite a bit of meat left on the shoes... now its nice and low and easily stops the car :)

k900
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby k900 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 am

maybe time to to replace shoes anyway.
theres about a millimetre left on them.
how much would be on new ones?
i presume not as much as your normal pads\shoes as they wouldn't be used as much.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Id say around €40-€60 from the motorfactors

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”