Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Stock Altezza Dyno Sheet?

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
xnickx
New Zealand Rep

Re: Stock Altezza Dyno Sheet?

Postby xnickx » Tue May 05, 2009 10:44 pm

OK thats good so they doing them in 5th gear too then.

Yeah that sounds about right, I made 125KW at the wheels which is just under 170HP at the wheels when stock with just a clutch kit

Orido
Trc Off

Postby Orido » Wed May 06, 2009 1:09 am

ok nick thanks....i will get back a greddy blue and do some work....thats true when i did that pull the car was in 3rd gear...so u mean to say i was doin less than 150whp :shock: :shock: LOL well yes haha
hmm i watched my friend do 174whp on the same dyno with his stock DC2 type R integra and i felt left out.....after all i left the honda camp to get a tezzie :D

i need some power to get back in the game..... :D
Its strange how the car is doin only 150 and it has some rediculous top end speed.....

ok cool get a lightened flywheel with the turbo set up?

/

xnickx
New Zealand Rep

Postby xnickx » Wed May 06, 2009 1:32 am

Keep in mind that FF cars don't lose as much power through the drive train as FR cars, the power/torque has to go all the way down the driveshaft, through the diff then onto our rear axles!

Orido
Trc Off

Postby Orido » Wed May 06, 2009 4:08 am

ok i will definately remember that from now on....if thats the case the a 1JZ putting out 280ps at the fly should be really putting out 200whp then... :roll:

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Wed May 06, 2009 8:51 am

Mine made 146 hp when it hit the speed cut in 5th on a Dynapak hub dyno, with a pod filter and axleback exhaust. Otherwise completely stock. I have picked up a Pivot speed meter which will supposedly remove the speed cut (according to a NZ Altezzaclub member that had one in his car), so once that is in I will look at going back to the dyno and see what she gets then.

The dip at 5k looks to me like a dirty MAF sensor, as that is exactly where mine developed a nasty flat spot when my MAF was dirty.
98 RS200z 6MT

Orido
Trc Off

Postby Orido » Wed May 06, 2009 11:19 am

ok thanks alimac.....i will try and clean the the MAF someone before messed up one of the screws on the maf so i will have to drill it out to take it off the intake....

146 cool..i was gettin like 148 before i threw in some octane boost and i raised to 151....
The next thing im goin to invest in is an engine management and an wide band and probably see if i can gain anything while i gather up some parts for the turbo project.....

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”