Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

What Replacement Clutches are u guys using?

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Orido
Trc Off

What Replacement Clutches are u guys using?

Postby Orido » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey guys my clutch is on the way out i jus wanna know what replacements are u guys using...
i've been searching some sites ACT, when i called ACT actually.... they said they dont have an application for the Altezza SXE-10.
when im looking at Exedy and im selecting toyota....im not seeing any application for altezzas??

Is the altezza and some other model toyota vehicle carry the same clutch kit?
could u guys advise me on this?

Thanks again

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: What Replacement Clutches are u guys using?

Postby rnd_audio » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 pm

hey i just bought a carbonetics one it will be deliviered on tues, i got it from jdm garage in the uk, very good on prices, it was 795 pounds delivered that not including vat thou. they do all types it worth a check out.

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:06 pm

I had an OS Giken and now a Toda clutch in it. Exedy certainly do kits for the Altezza, they're quite popular. nengun.com have loads of different types for example. Just double check the flywheel you have/get will work with the clutch. If in doubt get a kit with a flywheel, it will save you money and hassle in the long run..

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:55 am

im on my 2nd exedy one and there grand. they have a lot more bite then the standered ones and arn't that heavey on the clutch pedel
GALWAY REP

Pongo23
Trc On!

Postby Pongo23 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:55 am

Hey if you're planning to put an aftermarket clutch...you will definitely need to change the flywheel. The stock dual mass flywheel will only work with the stock altezza clutch. I recently had to change my clutch and I got an incredible deal on a trd lightweight flywheel and exedy organic clutch kit (clutch disk...pressure plate (clutch cover) and release bearing from www.B-spex.com ... they're very helpful. Note that you will need 8 genuine toyota flywheel bolts in order to install the flywheel. This set up is as smooth as the stock clutch and will give you added engine response with the lightweight flywheel.

If not, message xnickx, he can definitely hook you up with the stock clutch/flywheel. Anything stock...chek out xnickx!

Good Luck with your clutch woes!

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:18 am

This what you need!

Contact Nick & see what shipping will cost...

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezza ... topic=8432

Tucker
Trc On!

Postby Tucker » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:06 pm

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0163562142 Try this one it's an Exedy Aisin 3 piece! costs €500+ over here for it. :wink:

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”