Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Clutch adjustment

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Rob
Altezza Guru

Clutch adjustment

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 pm

I've got a thingumybob clamped to my clutch pedal, it seems it's job is to prevent the clutch pedal being pushed all the way to the floor:
In an effort to see why the gear changes drag sometimes (as if the clutch wasn't pressed fully) I thought I'd screw in the bolt that holds it away from the floor. It was on it's last couple of threads so I removed it fully. I haven't noticed it dragging since, but it needs a more extensive test.
I was wondering if anyone else has this kind of device on theirs? Anyone know if it's necessary? I believe the clutch is an OSGiken single plate.

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Clutch adjustment

Postby rnd_audio » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:24 pm

ive come accross this once or twice before, the reason there were on the cars i was looking at was to stop the clutch fork from sliping out, it sounds a bit mad but bear with be. when you uprate your clutch somes times you standard release bearing dosent fit and the one that is supplied is a different thickness and when you press the clutch to the floor the bearing actuallys pops out of the fork, i had the gear box out twice before i rang someone and they told be to put a block of wood under the pedal to see would that work and it did, so i tidy ed it up to something like what you have on yours, now the cars were a mr2 and twin cam, but id say the same applies to yours the fact that it was dragin could be the clutch was worn or maby try a bleed on the system, if the fluid is over 2 years old it should be replaced and you would be amazed how different it will feel, same with the brakes. well worth it in my opinion.
hope this helps.

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

Rob
Altezza Guru

Re: Clutch adjustment

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 am

Great, thanks for the info. I have a clutch on order, so hopefully I'll get to the bottom of the dragging gearchange issue soon.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”