Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

cold start

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
seanf
Trc Off

cold start

Postby seanf » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 pm

any one got any ideas what could be up with the motor 9 times out of 10 it starts perfect but this mornin it would only start on the second attempt with a pump of the accelorator then it was fine all day til this evenin back to the same again! Apart from the obvious battery it feels like the car is bein started or something? what else could it be as i only put in a new fuel pump, petrol tank and petrol filter 9 months ago..... Car is startin to get the better of me now i think!!
if d cross is empty.....give 'er plenty

shakey
Altezza Guru

Re: cold start

Postby shakey » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 am

could be your plugs, not sparking right, give a look at them to see if there clean

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:30 pm

last serviced? prob battery id say!

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Clean your battery terminals, work from the simplest possible thing, then go through the other stuff if the simple things dont work :wink:

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm

should check some of the sensors that detect water temp. to the best of my knowledge the ecu checks water temp when starting the engine to determine whether the engine is cold or warm, sorta like an auto choke if ya like for when the engine is cold.
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”