Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

noises

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
talat
Noob!
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:31 am

noises

Postby talat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 am

hi
as i accelerate when im driving a weird rattling noise starts from the engine...
does any1 hav the same prob and if so is there away of fixin it...

Rob
Altezza Guru
Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: noises

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 am

Does it rattle when you rev it while stationary, or only in gear?
If in gear, through all gears or is it worse in some?
Does it rattle only when the clutch is depressed?

lanigan
Midlands Rep
Posts: 2730
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:03 pm
Location: Galway

Re: noises

Postby lanigan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 pm

talat wrote: is there away of fixin it...


Up with the radio and down with the window, noise will be gone for sure :D


Ah no, seriously bring it to a mechanic before something breaks, altezzas arent cheap to buy stuff for......

User avatar
KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: noises

Postby KaTaLy5t » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 pm

I'd bring it to a mechanic, it could be anything really, gearbox, clutch, cat wrapped around one of the pulleys :shock:

User avatar
shakey
Altezza Guru
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: tarbert co.kerry ireland
Contact:

Re: noises

Postby shakey » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:46 am

if it like mine you get the noise between 3,500 to 4,000 revs dont worry bout it. in mine the heat rattles between them rev ranges. now if it a banging noise turning the steering wheel check your ball joints... after that thats the only strange noises i have had appart from the obvious

User avatar
Noel
Moderator
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: oldville

Re: noises

Postby Noel » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:05 pm

is the rattle from the left side of the engine bay? exhaust shields rattle on mine when hot... :(

User avatar
marso
Tezza Fanatic!
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: skerries, co dublin
Contact:

Re: noises

Postby marso » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:47 pm

right, do you only get it in low revs and does it sound like a tractor??? also is it intermittent(only happens sometimes)??? does the car feel down on power compared to a normal altezza???if it is it could be a spring gone in the cam adjustor which means it needs replacing. the cam adujstor is 150-200 off toyota.
if you want your car featured, e mail me with pics to marso@mij.ie
Image
site photographer for
http://www.manic-motorz.com

talat
Noob!
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:31 am

Re: noises

Postby talat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Rob wrote:Does it rattle when you rev it while stationary, or only in gear?
If in gear, through all gears or is it worse in some?
Does it rattle only when the clutch is depressed?




well it rattles when its in gear o and its auto so nothin with clutch...

talat
Noob!
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:31 am

Re: noises

Postby talat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 pm

marso wrote:right, do you only get it in low revs and does it sound like a tractor??? also is it intermittent(only happens sometimes)??? does the car feel down on power compared to a normal altezza???if it is it could be a spring gone in the cam adjustor which means it needs replacing. the cam adujstor is 150-200 off toyota.



yea it happens at about 2500 revs and yea it happens sometimes but the frequency changes sometimes a lot sometimes little bit

denispm
Noob!
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: noises

Postby denispm » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 pm

shakey wrote:if it like mine you get the noise between 3,500 to 4,000 revs dont worry bout it. in mine the heat rattles between them rev ranges. now if it a banging noise turning the steering wheel check your ball joints... after that thats the only strange noises i have had appart from the obvious



i have that too. f*** recks my head. would a new exaust sort that out

User avatar
KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: noises

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:47 pm

There's a load of different theories as to what the noise is there was a post somewhere here with a link to another forum where the noise was discussed in a good bit of detail. I don't have the noise but a lot of people seem to. Its known as the "3000rpm rumble" I think.

User avatar
marso
Tezza Fanatic!
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: skerries, co dublin
Contact:

Re: noises

Postby marso » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:35 pm

talat wrote:
marso wrote:right, do you only get it in low revs and does it sound like a tractor??? also is it intermittent(only happens sometimes)??? does the car feel down on power compared to a normal altezza???if it is it could be a spring gone in the cam adjustor which means it needs replacing. the cam adujstor is 150-200 off toyota.



yea it happens at about 2500 revs and yea it happens sometimes but the frequency changes sometimes a lot sometimes little bit

right if you can get it hooked up to a diagnostics and get vvti brought in by laptop and see it the rattle appears, if you get it at the top front of the block its the cam adjustor.
if you want your car featured, e mail me with pics to marso@mij.ie
Image
site photographer for
http://www.manic-motorz.com


Return to “Problems with your Altezza”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests