Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Bulb stuck in foglight!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Bulb stuck in foglight!

Postby Mr. Tezza » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Well i was changing my foglights there yesterday and the fecking thing must ave been corroded or something cos i was taking it out and it broke in two, the piece that twists came out but where the rubber o-ring is it broke into 2 and now i have a bulb stuck in the foglight!!!!

Any suggestions on what to do now? short of taking out the foglight itself i wanna try and avoid that if i can
Kerry Rep

Noel

Re: Bulb stuck in foglight!

Postby Noel » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Take out the light it'll be easier and quicker in the end as there is no friggin room in there..

It's just two screws at the side and a clip and it pops out... look at the side of the foglight while in front of the car and you'll see the two screws in the vent part...

dmcgarry
Altezza Guru

Postby dmcgarry » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 am

Noel wrote:Take out the light it'll be easier and quicker in the end as there is no friggin room in there..

It's just two screws at the side and a clip and it pops out... look at the side of the foglight while in front of the car and you'll see the two screws in the vent part...

information that would of been useful to me about 6 months ago!!!!

i went for the whole slitting my wrists off the underbody while trying to change the buld approach myself!!! :D
never argue with an idiot... they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience... :D

http://www.irishkenpo.com
http://www.mmaireland.com

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Noel wrote:Take out the light it'll be easier and quicker in the end as there is no friggin room in there..

Ah cheers Noel! i think i'll have to anyway one of the lads was looking at it yesterday and i think the bulb fell into the light itself it you get me. dunno how i'm gonna get it out now!mah well i'll tackle it 2morro after work if it stays dry!

I'll let ye know how i got on!
Kerry Rep

blacktezza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby blacktezza » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:25 pm

This happened me too i had to drill it out

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Could've done with this info when seanie asked me on saturday :oops:

Seanie
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Seanie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08 am

i'm in the same boat, i have the spot lamp out now, does it twist out of the housing? mine won't
there's 2 small screws at the back of it?
can't seem to get at the bulb
RS200 BEAMS TEZ

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Seanie wrote:i'm in the same boat, i have the spot lamp out now, does it twist out of the housing? mine won't
there's 2 small screws at the back of it?
can't seem to get at the bulb

Did you get it sorted lad?
Kerry Rep

wiggy1
Trc Off

Postby wiggy1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 pm

I had a similar problem when I dropped a side light bulb into the headlight housing. I thought I would have no chance in getting it out without removing and splitting the lense.How ever I used a hose small enough to fit through the hole at the back of the housing, and taped it to the end of my hoover hose. The diameter of the hose was small enough that the bulb wouldnt be sucked in all together but rather be sucked up at the top of the hose. Hope this makes sense. Then I turned on the hoover and sucked it up and pulled the hose out with the bulb on the end. It took a couple of goes to get the bulb the right way so it would fit back out.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:56 am

easiest way is to remove the foglight/headlight housing and shake the hell out of the housing until it smashes! then tip out the shards of glass!

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”