Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Power, power, power

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Echos84
Noob!

Power, power, power

Postby Echos84 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 pm

I recently ran my tezza on a rolling road and got 184bhp. Im trying to get as close as possible to the original mark of 210bhp. The rolling road was on 95 octane fuel and not on 99octane which i use now.

Would higher grade fuel and an hks panel filter and replacement oil filter get me any closer and is there other parts i need to change? Any help much appreciated.
TEZZA = constant :) :) :) when driving :) :) :)

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Re: Power, power, power

Postby KaTaLy5t » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Make sure you get a service before you go on the r/r. Change the plugs and new oil and that kind of thing. Cleaning the throttle body wouldn't be any harm either. Have a look at your MAF sensor and if that's dirty give that a clean too. Every little bit helps.

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi there,

I can get you 3 bhp closer already ..... The manual RS200 puts out 210ps which is approx 207bhp

Definitely regularly running petrol as close to 100ron as possible will make a difference, have you reset the ECU since you started running the better fuel, it's supposed to learn anyway but it's faster to reset....

Apexi panel filters seem to be the preferred choice over here

Spark plugs done? new denso iridium IK20's will help too

end of the day if it's driving fine and your enjoying it, i wouldn't get too caught up on figures....

good luck :)

Echos84
Noob!

Postby Echos84 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Ive already changed the filter to hks, changed oil filter.

Denso sparks next then.

Would taking out the fuse for the ecu reset it? Not got cash to get her serviced at a garage right now so i might seek nicks help with service parts.
Thanks for help guys

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Decat will bring you up a few more bhp :wink:
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

IS3_FTW
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby IS3_FTW » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:13 am

I think he's trying to stay stock, without modifieing :|

Echos84 wrote:Ive already changed the filter to hks, changed oil filter.

Denso sparks next then.

Would taking out the fuse for the ecu reset it? Not got cash to get her serviced at a garage right now so i might seek nicks help with service parts.
Thanks for help guys

No, just unplug the -neg battery terminal for 15-30 mins. That resets it.

You might want to change out all the wires and coil packs as well. But with just a DD, you might not get to 207-210 BHP goal.

You can do a lot of upgrades to make it easier.
SY IS3
Exterior ~JDM Full Aero Lip Kit ~Altezza Mesh Grill ~JDM Heads&Tails ~RX Antenna
Interior ~JDM Coin Tray ~Altezza Climate Ring ~2IS Knob
Performance ~SRT Intake ~Toyo Header&Ypipe ~Ltuned Exhaust ~Greddy EMU
Suspension ~AirRunner w/Dakota Digital ~Hotchkis F/R sways ~ProLex STB&Trunk Bar
Wheels ~iForged Aero's w/Nitto NeoGen's

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:47 am

Yeah get the Denso IK20s. You'll get them off Nick as well if you're already going to get the other bits off him.

Echos84
Noob!

Postby Echos84 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Would disconnecting the battery affect the stereo? Thought about a de-cat but dont want the grief when it comes to mot time.

Plan is to change sparks to denso's

resetting the ecu

check and clean maf sensor.

change fuel filter

Does any1 know if the hks silent high-power exhuast any good? Thinking of getting one from Prolex.

have changed one coil but at £90 quid each it'll take a while to change all four

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 pm

I think a couple of people had/have the HKS exhaust on here and said it was pretty good. I think Dan might have had one on his.

If you disconnect the battery you'll lose your radio stations. There's 2 fuses you can take out in the engine bay. Took this from Altezza club NZ/Aus

Make sure the ignition is turned off

Remove the engine bay fuse box cover

Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse

Remove the 15Amp ECTS fuse

Wait 30 seconds

Re-insert the two fuses

Install the fuse box cover

What if you got a proper de-cat pipe made up so you could bolt the de-cat pipe and then when the MOT is coming up just bolt the original cat in. I presume that yours is a 6MT and if it is you shouldn't have too much trouble getting your local engineering shop to make you up a pipe with the flanges on it.

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”