Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Diff problem

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
markrs200
Limerick Rep

Diff problem

Postby markrs200 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:41 pm

The diff seems to be acting up lately its perfect if i do rings to the left but if i try do them to the right the diff doesnt seem to spin the two wheels properly any ideas :cry:
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:52 pm

Whip the diff out of chris's car and throw it into yours :wink:

shakey
Altezza Guru

Postby shakey » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:28 am

the gander has a lexus out my way where i got the ball joint. mite sort u out with sumthin

markrs200
Limerick Rep

Postby markrs200 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:21 am

Cant there is a different ratio in my diff because its 02
02 rs200.full trd kit, 18 inch ultralite gt2,toms spoiler,cusco H braces front and rear,cusco front strut brace,stoptect front discs&pads,full hks exhaust& decat,hks pannel filter,ngk irridiumplugs,hid kit ,toms eye brows,jdm front lights with angel eyes,trd decals on doors,leather interior,apexi rsm,lg dvd,sat nav,trd fioor mats ,fast road clutch +lightened flywheel lowerned 40mm,falcon evo 4+ alarm trd rad +oil cap Cusco front & rear arb's 201.6 bhp+211 torque

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

diff

Postby rnd_audio » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:41 pm

if its a plate diff it could be the plates are worn,as these are a service item. if you try rev the nuts out of it and do rings to the right (the way its not locking) and see does it grab then, my friend had the same prob when we striped the diff the plates were smooth there should be little grouves in them, he had a trd diff so we just ordered replacement ones happy days. hope this helps

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”