Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

HELP!!!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
eric25
Altezza Guru

Re: HELP!!!

Postby eric25 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:41 pm

toyota here in cork charge 50 euro to get diagnostics done

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 pm

yas are goin on like im stupid :( :( i don even drive it cza it an im smashed:D drivin a cooper s :D :D :D ....ye that was the 17th december bu i got an nct guarantee wi the car in november bu cudn get an nct till january...so i brought it up t the garage yesterday and he took a look atit...and he changed the MAF not me...hes takin it back off me on monday an fixin it so its all good....ill have me power back soon enough x

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:14 pm

kellyirishgrl_14 wrote:yas are goin on like im stupid :( :( i don even drive it cza it an im smashed:D drivin a cooper s :D :D :D ....

:shock: that sentence makes zero sense. what's a Cooper S got to do with anything? :?

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 pm

when did i say it had t do with anythin..jus sayin.....

eric25
Altezza Guru

Postby eric25 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:25 pm

kellyirishgrl_14
Post subject: Re: HELP!!!

yas are goin on like im stupid :( :( i don even drive it cza it an im smashed:D drivin a cooper s :D :D :D ....ye that was the 17th december bu i got an nct guarantee wi the car in november bu cudn get an nct till january...so i brought it up t the garage yesterday and he took a look atit...and he changed the MAF not me...hes takin it back off me on monday an fixin it so its all good....ill have me power back soon enough x

we arent goin on like your stupid, :? we are all tryin to help ya out on this situation,at least its been takin away now to get sorted by the garage,let us now how ya get on anyway and what they had to do to fix it :wink:
Last edited by eric25 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:29 pm

well ya no what i mean...i pu it on a diagnostics bu it was european so id t do it as an is200...bu whatever...thanks 4 ure help:D:D...much appreciated x

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:24 pm

kellyirishgrl_14 wrote:well ya no what i mean...i pu it on a diagnostics bu it was european so id t do it as an is200...bu whatever...thanks 4 ure help:D:D...much appreciated x

A diagnostics for a IS200 will tell u nothing, what reading did u get from the emmissions were they very high?

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:15 pm

it came up the air flow when it was on it tho...confusin....emmm yea it was more than half of what it should be

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:29 pm

oodles more torque in a mini cooper S! you might find the power delivery a bit different in the Altezza!

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:56 pm

kellyirishgrl_14 wrote:it came up the air flow when it was on it tho...confusin....emmm yea it was more than half of what it should be

I am still with my theory on theres something wrong with somewhere in the exhaust system, either cat or lamba sensor its what goes into the cat, because u have a power problem taking off.……

Because I don’t think u would be getting wrong reading in emissions from an maf sensor (air flow meter)

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Evelyn wrote:Because I don’t think u would be getting wrong reading in emissions from an maf sensor (air flow meter)

Mine failed on emissions EV and I only changed the MAF and had the throttle body cleaned and it passed??

marso
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby marso » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:23 am

in all fairness my old altezza had the maf changed and the induction kit, i ended up having to change the exhaust and all to get the emmissions right. where did you buy the car kel?
if you want your car featured, e mail me with pics to marso@mij.ie
site photographer for
http://www.manic-motorz.com

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:40 am

KaTaLy5t wrote:
Evelyn wrote:Because I don’t think u would be getting wrong reading in emissions from an maf sensor (air flow meter)

Mine failed on emissions EV and I only changed the MAF and had the throttle body cleaned and it passed??

I have never seen a car to fail on emissions on a maf alone, Id say ur had more to do with trottle body.....

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:46 am

Evelyn wrote:
KaTaLy5t wrote:

I have never seen a car to fail on emissions on a maf alone, Id say ur had more to do with trottle body.....

If the reading from the MAF is wrong the ECU can be over fueling which will cause you to fail...

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

i honestly dno...its their problem from monday on bu ill keep yas posted :D got it in jap cars in santry.....bogey x

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”