Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

HELP!!!

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 am

The reason I mentioned that is I have seen it to happen where the cat has broken up & blocked the exhaust, mainly common on cars that are drivin with low fuel tanks, its worth a check, especially if it that down in power...

williek
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby williek » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:11 pm

sounds like fecked valves or coilpacks to me?
keep diffin till the tyres are missing!

Howya Seargent I mean Garda!!

www.tyreshop.ie

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm

williek wrote:sounds like fecked valves or coilpacks to me?

If it sticky valves or a valve problem it would be more noticable from cold

Ya it could be coilpack aswell, but there might be a slight mis-fire from it so check for that aswell

Kelly, if u dont want to bring it to a mechanic (personally I would, it sounds dangerous) do u know anyone else with a tezza? u could swap over maf sensors first....

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:43 pm

Did u ever get this sorted?

john_98ce
Trc Off

Postby john_98ce » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 pm

bad fuel

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: HELP!!!

Postby FT2DFLR » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:11 pm

At a guess i'd say bad fuel or a clapped out fuel pump, mine had a similar problem once car died just like that called the AA man comes meets me ask's is there any petrol in it slightly annoyed at the question i said there was and did he think i was that stupid turned the keys an there was over a quarter of a tank left and as we both looked at it, it began to drop then the light came on and then the needle was at the bottom of the gauge :oops: :oops: so double check you have petrol in it and then get a mechanic to take a look normally the big problems like that are the easiest for a mechanic to find its the intermittent or electrical ones that are hard to pin point

Shane M
Altezza Guru

Postby Shane M » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:51 pm

Sounds to me like either the MAF or coil pack/ht leads as mentioned... When i first bought my Tezza it was chugging and spluttering when it got up to 4500 revs and then seemed better after 6000 revs, so i cleaned the MAF and the throttle body and now its smooth as silk :)

Also on my last car all of a sudden it started chugging really bad at any revs when driving, so i took it into mechanic and it was a faulty ht spark plug lead cost me €60 for new one.

Good luck

Noel

Postby Noel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Shane M wrote:Sounds to me like either the MAF or coil pack/ht leads as mentioned...

Also on my last car ,........... it was a faulty ht spark plug lead cost me €60 for new one.

Good luck

Won't have that problem with your Altezza as they have coil packs ... no HT Leads :wink:

Shane M
Altezza Guru

Postby Shane M » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Noel wrote:
Shane M wrote:Sounds to me like either the MAF or coil pack/ht leads as mentioned...

Also on my last car ,........... it was a faulty ht spark plug lead cost me €60 for new one.

Good luck

Won't have that problem with your Altezza as they have coil packs ... no HT Leads :wink:

Yeh i know :) I just thought it might make it easier to understand as it fits onto the spark plug, well something does lol :lol:

kellyirishgrl_14
Altezza Guru

Postby kellyirishgrl_14 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm stuk it thru the nct today an it failed on emmissions~?? could that be the problem cause nothing else came up??? ive tried three MAF's off diffrent tezzas and its makin no diffrence??

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 pm

I failed on emissions too and I got a new MAF sensor and cleaned the throttle body and it passed.

marso
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby marso » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:25 pm

kellyirishgrl_14 wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmm stuk it thru the nct today an it failed on emmissions~?? could that be the problem cause nothing else came up??? ive tried three MAF's off diffrent tezzas and its makin no diffrence??

take it up to blondie in d+s, up the back of crossans and fill him in on what happened, he'll be able to sort it for you. used to drive altezza's himself so he knows them inside out
if you want your car featured, e mail me with pics to marso@mij.ie
site photographer for
http://www.manic-motorz.com

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 pm

kellyirishgrl_14 wrote:i am freaked.....need sum help....i cant put any pressure on my accelerator or the car feels like its losing power and it slows down...as if its chugging...i dont really know how to explain it...i checked my plugs and there fine.....any ideas anyone atall???? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( xxx

are you talkin about this problem? :o :o wasnt that 17th december?
could be lambda sensor(check nct form for reading) or cat could be f**ked or the air injector (like mine €80 from toyota dealer)
would explain nct fail not this problem though if its still chuggin
go to a mechanic with diagnostics or toyota dealer.
Last edited by patk on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Was just thinking, did you reset the ECU after you changed the MAF sensor? Like PatK said you'd probably be better off and a get it sorted a lot quicker by getting it on a diagnostics machine. I know a few lads that have failed on emissions and tried all sorts of stuff (lambda sensors etc) to get them to pass and couldn't. In the end I had to loan one of them my induction kit and MAF and stuff and he passed.

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:33 pm

go to a mechanic with diagnostics or toyota dealer.

what kind of price would a diagnostic cost from the dealer?

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”