Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Slow starting (think its the c/d player!!!)

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm

lanigan wrote:Yeah its a large pole battery, got the terminals in my dads/bros shop in maynooth (see below), loads of them in stock :wink:

Theyre the simplest way of converting jap cars from skinny pole to large

Is there a specific name for them? Also, what Ah is the the standard battery? I presume they do the 005L batteries/brackets too?
I could do with some extra capacity in mine, as I have a much higher than average current draw. I've nearly run the battery flat in a few minutes when I didn't have the engine running before. :)

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Rob wrote:
lanigan wrote:Anyway its a 66AH battery with 510cold crank so it shouldnt let me down :)

Is that one with the large posts? Where did you get the terminals for it?

Ya thats what I am doing with mine changing the terminal for the larger pole battery. I dont really only have standard things running off mine no extra load as such so 55amp is fine,but for urs Rob probably a 66amp....

Just ask for positive & negative terminals for the large pole battery & for bolt on brackets there in around €12

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 pm

Rob wrote:
lanigan wrote:Yeah its a large pole battery, got the terminals in my dads/bros shop in maynooth (see below), loads of them in stock :wink:

Theyre the simplest way of converting jap cars from skinny pole to large

Is there a specific name for them? Also, what Ah is the the standard battery? I presume they do the 005L batteries/brackets too?
I could do with some extra capacity in mine, as I have a much higher than average current draw. I've nearly run the battery flat in a few minutes when I didn't have the engine running before. :)

Well I use the very technical term of "the terminal with the bolt sticking up on them" :oops:

Carry a huge stock of batteries, if they dont have them at the time they can have within a few days from the supplier (autotec or energy batteries i think are the main stock brands still, 2yr warranty on each), or can get more expensive ones (Banner) within a day

As for the brackets, they werent in stock when i got my battery and it was a saturday so i couldnt get one that day from a supplier. If the brackets aren't in stock and ordered from supplier in the morning they can be in the shop just after lunch (like most stuff). they're just a universal bracket and threaded legs that you trim to size

If you ring ask for Paul (my bro) or Pat (sound lad working there) and say Chris told you to ring it might help price or just ask me and i'll get prices, availability etc :wink:

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:10 pm

lanigan wrote:If you ring ask for Paul (my bro) or Pat (sound lad working there) and say Chris told you to ring it might help price or just ask me and i'll get prices, availability etc :wink:

I pass by there frequently enough, sure I'll drop in and have a chat in the next while n see.

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Rob wrote:sure I'll drop in and have a chat in the next while n see.

much appreciated

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”