Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Trouble reading engine oil level

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
Orido
Trc Off

Trouble reading engine oil level

Postby Orido » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:22 pm

ok guys so i changed my oil and filter 2day a when im checkin the oil level
one side of the stick passed the full mark when i flipped the stick over to the other side its just below the full mark..... :roll: :roll:

Im wonderind what i doin wrong? :roll:

I have a 3S-GE beams motor an i used 5.3 quarts ......i think somewhere on the forum said its like 5.1 with filter change

Jus to be safe i didnt pour anymore oil in the motor i wondering what i doin wrong...

after the oil change i went for a drive its like 4 hrs past now an thats the readings im getting....i tried reading it maybe 50 times an i gettin the same type of reading

any help guys?

dlocko
Altezza Guru

Postby dlocko » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:57 am

is the oil running down 1 side of the stick faster than the other when your taking it out.wierd but how much of a gap is there?

Noel

Re: Trouble reading engine oil level

Postby Noel » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:37 am

Orido wrote:ok guys so i changed my oil and filter 2day a when im checkin the oil level
one side of the stick passed the full mark when i flipped the stick over to the other side its just below the full mark..... :roll: :roll:

Im wonderind what i doin wrong? :roll:

I have a 3S-GE beams motor an i used 5.3 quarts ......i think somewhere on the forum said its like 5.1 with filter change

Jus to be safe i didnt pour anymore oil in the motor i wondering what i doin wrong...

after the oil change i went for a drive its like 4 hrs past now an thats the readings im getting....i tried reading it maybe 50 times an i gettin the same type of reading

any help guys?

Read the lower side of the dipstick as correct.... i assume you mean 5.1 litres not quarts?

If you think there's too much then open the sump plug and drain off a little, you can always add more if you drain too much ...

Orido
Trc Off

Postby Orido » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:07 am

i checked the lower part of the dipstick....it needed a little more oil....

It took exactly 5.6litres with the oil filter change...

thanks guys :D

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”