ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Reverse connector

Any problems with your Altezza, post questions here
sxe_lawless
Noob!

Reverse connector

Postby sxe_lawless » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Greetings guys

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2001 Qualitat Altezza and the previous owner notified me that I do not have any reverse lights because during their stint a wire was cut(meaning the one that connects to the gearbox (J160)). A few times I have been under the car I noticed there are 2 connectors(one i assume is the speed sensor), one is cut just after the clip. Can anyone help me understand where this wire connects and if it is readily available, or do I have to fabricate one myself.

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Reverse connector

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Not exactly sure of the details for that specific wire BUT I have got photos of everything which I unplugged or removed from the engine and gearbox before I removed both from the car about 3.5 years ago so I have these two photos which may help you! One is the speed sensor and one is the reverse wire I presume?

One

Two

Hope that helps? :)

sxe_lawless
Noob!

Postby sxe_lawless » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Many thanks, it helps a bit...I can see the thickness of the wire in case I have to fabricate it. My next question is where does the other end of it connect lol

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

No worries :)

Is the one you need the top or bottom photo?
(I'm presuming the top photo is the speed sensor so its the one in the bottom photo you need more info on?)

sxe_lawless
Noob!

Postby sxe_lawless » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Yes indeed, it is the bottom one that I need info on. I have been baffled for a year now lol

Return to “Problems with your Altezza”